Learning

I couldn't believe that the king asked me to be his assistant. I mean so much responsibility fell on my shoulders in a blink of an eye. I was honestly excited to spend some time with him and to see all the stuff that there is to do in order to run a kingdom. It's about dinner time and Killian had asked me to meet him in his study to go over details for tomorrow's agenda. I walk over to his study and knock. "Enter." I hear him say and I opened the door and walked in. "Emma." Killian says with a huge smile. "Ready to begin." He smiles. "Are you all settled in your new room?" I nod. "Good, ok now let's get started." I nod. After like a half hour of him explaining things to me, my head was spinning. It was so much but I know I could do it. Honestly it was more of reminding him what to do that day and what important dates are coming up. In walks a woman with some trays. "I thought the two of you would be hungry so I brought you guys dinner." I get up and stood to the side. Killian gets up and smiles. "Thanks mom." She hugs him and Killian signals me to come over. "Emma meet Helena my mother and former queen of this kingdom." I bow. "Pleasure to meet you your majesty." She nods. "It's just Helena." I smile and as I'm staring at her I get a strange feeling. Why did I all of a sudden feel like I have to ask her forgiveness? I didn't know why but I had to say it if not I knew it would bug me. "Your maje...I mean Helena?" She smiles and nods. "Yes dear?" I sigh. "Thanks for the food and I know this sounds weird but for some weird reason something inside me is telling me that I need to say this. I forgive you for everything and that if you can forgive me as well." She stays quiet and looks at Killian in a weird way and Killian is just standing there quietly and in shock. "I know it's weird because we barely met but I just felt it in my heart." She hugs me. "No worries Hun I forgive you." I smiled as she hugged me and then she lets me go and caresses my cheek. "Well go eat you two." Killian and I sit back down and Killian was quiet. "Killian I'm sorry for what I did back there." He shakes his head and smiles. "Oh no it's ok you don't have to worry about it Emma." I smile. "Thanks." After we ate, we just sat there talking letting our food settle down. "How about you join me down to the stables to see how our steeds are doing?" I smile and nod. We head down to the stables and we walk into one of the stables and he starts to brush the hair on one of the black steeds that were there. I was honestly a little freaked out by the gorgeous steed. My gaze then leaves the horse and I caught myself admiring Killian. I mean he is a king but not like a regular king. He doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and do the work. As he was brushing the steed's hair I kept playing with my ring and then I thought to myself that I needed to find out who gave me this ring. "Emma come here and brush Midnight's hair." I walked over there nervously and he smiled. "Don't worry I'll be here." I smiled and blushed. He handed me the brush and I started to brush his hair. I had my hand on his head as I brushed. Killian had his hand on his head as well and one of the times I actually touched his hand and I jerked away because I seemed to have had a flashback and I just stood there confused. "You ok?" He asks. I nod. "How about we finish the preparations for your outing tomorrow to the valley of Seneca?" He nods and smiles. We make our way back to his study and we were going over the stuff. As Killian was going over some papers, the flashback kept playing in my mind. It was two mixed in one. The first was someone putting the ring on my finger and I could tell it was a man because I could see a man's hand and he was wearing black. The second I was kissing someone and not going to lie he looked like Killian. I shook my head and said to myself no it can't be he's the king I am a nobody, why would he be kissing me? "So Emma what if we take this route?" I shake my head and I scour the map and I start to explain some stuff to him and I am but an inch away from his face and I turn around and he's smiling at me. I couldn't help but smile. As I'm staring at him he looks like the one from my flashback. I feel my heart beat super fast. I back away and I cough. Killian smiles and laughs. "I guess we are done for the night, see you tomorrow morning for breakfast. I bid you a good night." I nod and I grabbed my agenda and went running off to my room. I walked in and locked my door and I was in shock in how much flirting we were doing. I know now that he's not married or anything, it's just him and his mom. I think it's just me thats attracted to him but of course we can never be, he is the king. I laid down and those flashbacks started to play. The ring and the kiss. I think these two are connected but why did I see Killian in those flashbacks? He didn't know me before. I remember looking up and he was looking down at me as we were kissing. I was just confused. This can't happen and plus he is such a gentleman and a noble leader. I shook myself and said no Emma, no more thinking like that but then again. How did he find me, I think he knows something of my past that he doesn't want to tell me. I know he keeps eyeing my ring. Was he the one that gave it to me? All these questions kept popping into my head and I was going crazy. Tomorrow I was going to ask where he found me and go on from there but in the mean time I think it's best if I get some shut eye even though I slept for a year.

Killian's POV
I'm sitting in my study and I'm just in shock of all the stuff happened. I know I probably came off to strong on her but she never backed away from me well yeah she sort of did but not in a scared or uncomfortable kind of way but more of like being nervous. That's how the real Emma is. She's a sweet and shy woman. I'm pretty sure I can win her in no time. What shocked me the most of what happened today was the fact that she asked my mom for forgiveness even though she didn't know her well she did. Maybe that's what she was dealing with when she was asleep that she had to learn to forgive in order for her to live a happy life.