Chapter 3: Preparation for Annihilation

Hadriana didn't like the plan as she didn't get much of a chance to do anything. 'You have a sword, plus you can't die,' I drawled as I rolled up the plan. 'We're leaving now. We don't have much time.'

Sorren and Dean quickly utilised Hadriana's stockpile of weapons and hurried off to get them. Justin stayed with me, moving with me as though he and I were one. I caught him out of the corner of my eye as we waited for the others. 'What?' I asked shortly.

He blinked a few times and said, 'You are calmer than you were before. I hope it's because of the influence of your friends.'

I shrugged. It was true. I had become less angry since formulating this plan but I was still agitated at them being around me and constantly staring at me. 'I think you have also made a big impact on me. But Justin, after tonight-'

He put a finger to his lips. 'Shush. Let's cross that bridge when we get to it.' He looked past me, and I heard the others cross over the wooden bridge towards us.

'We are all good to go,' Rowan announced. 'How are we getting there? That wind spell?'

'No,' I told them and snapped my fingers. A demon portal appeared beside me. 'There's a quicker way.'

Hadriana frowned and shook her head. 'I am not going through one of those.'

'You don't have a choice.' Using my powers, I forced them all through the door. Alina and Justin yelled in shock as they toppled forward. Following right behind them, the portal closed behind me and opened near the church. Apart from Justin, everyone was sprawled out on the floor.

'I felt such evil come from that,' Alina whispered as Rowan helped her up. 'You use those doors, Verity?'

I shrugged. 'They come in handy.'

'You aren't meant to use them,' Hadriana cut in. 'They do things to you; they'll alter your mind.'

I smiled at her. 'My body is already altered; nothing else can change much to me now, is there?'

'Enough,' Sorren hissed. 'Dean, Rowan, take these things and put them in the place where Verity wanted. Alina, the holy water from the church.'

'Got it,' she nodded and hurried off with Dean and Rowan behind her.

'I'll keep an eye out for demons,' Justin said, reaching out, squeezing my hand and then running off after the others.

'Right then, Sorren, Verity, let's do some magic,' Hadriana smiled, rubbing her hands together.

'You sure you can keep up?' I smiled and stretched my wings, flew up into the air, and swooped towards the church's top. Moments later, Sorren was behind me. Landing next to me, he and I conjured up spells and enchantments to capture and kill low-level demons. There were a few traps for upper-level demons like the Presser demons, which would render them incapable of running away, which was fine by me.

'Where do you want the swords?' Sorren was about to hand me one when I used my power and moved it away from me. 'Is something the matter?'

'The metal. I can't touch it once they've been imbued with anti-demon magic. As I'm part demon, the metal burns through my skin.'

He seemed shocked and saddened by this fact. 'So, where do you want them?' I pointed to the places, and he gently placed swords in the crooks of the wall, all pointing towards the apex of the church. I put my palm out, sensing each one. I had to make sure I knew where they all were. I was the only one with telekinesis. Once Sorren had finished, he turned to me and said, 'Can you forgive me?'