Overworked [Nick's POV]

When Zootropolis came out on DVD, my mum was like "come on, we're going to go buy the film." and I was like "what film?"

I swear my mum was so disappointed in me that day.

~*~

"Mornin' sunshine," I chirped as Judy trudged into the living room of her house.

She only grunted in response at first, but when she noticed I was in her house at seven in the morning, she did a lot more than just grunt.

"Wait, what are you doing here? Who let you in? Did you break in?" She started bombarding me with questions and I stopped from flipping pancakes to turn around and look at her.

"Calm down, Carrots, I didn't break in," I chuckled. "Spare key, remember?"

Judy thought for a second before nodding. "Oh yeah."

I smiled lazily at her before going back to flipping pancakes and she sat down at the counter, looking like she was ready to fall asleep again.

"So, what are you doing here?" Judy asked through a yawn and I hummed while dishing up the pancakes onto two plates.

"I'm here to look after you, duh," I answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why? I don't need looking after," Judy stated solemnly as I set a plate of blueberry pancakes down in front of her.

I scoffed as I sat down next to her. "Yeah, no offence, Carrots, but you're a mess."

"Excuse me?"

"You've been working hard non-stop for the past three days and you're not giving yourself any time to rest up or have some time to yourself," I explained. "So, I called up Bogo this morning and convinced him to give you the rest of the week off," I concluded, popping a bit of the pancakes into my mouth and chewing.

My cooking wasn't actually half bad.

"You did what?!" Judy shrieked, dropping her knife and fork onto her plate.

"Trust me, Fluff, you're gonna thank me for it later," I nodded at her before finishing up my pancakes and taking my plate over to the sink to wash up. "Now go have a shower. I'm taking you to the park to relax."

Judy groaned loudly before finally complying with me and hopping off of her stool.

"Wait, don't you have work today?" She asked on the way to her bedroom.

"Nope," I replied bluntly, popping the p. "It's my day off."

"Then why are you babysitting me on your day off?" Judy asked and I could hear the guilt in her voice. "Wouldn't you much rather be doing something else rather than looking after me?"

"Not at all," I shook my head, turning around to smile at her sweetly. "I find your company...interesting."

A small smile crept up onto Judy's face as she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Yeah yeah," I rolled my eyes playfully. "Now hurry up, I've got a lot planned for today so let's hUSSLE~!" I clapped and shoved Judy to her room all the while hearing her laughs and giggles.

"Ok, ok, stop it!" She giggled, slamming the door in my face and I felt a small genuine smile creep up onto my face.

Today was going to be a good day.

~*~

Probably the most decent piece of writing I've done in weeks.