Students [General POV]

"What? Did someone steal a traffic cone? It wasn't me."

😜

AU where the characters of Zootopia are all in high school! I've actually been wanting to do this for a long time, but I didn't know if you guys liked AUs as much as I do; or if you wanted to see the characters in high school.

~*~

"This is the third time this week, Nicholas! What do you have to say for yourself?" Principal Bogo asked, his voice loud and menacing, causing the bunny next to Nick to jump.

They hadn't done anything! Well, Judy hadn't - she couldn't really speak for her fox friend. She looked over at Nick, in his sloppy uniform and sad expression, his head bowed down in shame with his ears droopy. Then there was Judy. Always punctual, always proper. Her skirt was never too high or too low, and she was excelling in every subject. She was the complete opposite of her best friend, but that didn't mean she wouldn't try to stick up for him.

"Actually, Principal Bogo, he-"

"Hopps, be quiet!" Bogo interrupted, causing her to jump again.

Judy looked down at her paws in her lap, fiddling with them anxiously. She hated the way the principal always looked down on her, referred to her by her last name because he couldn't be bothered to learn her first name - or care for that matter. But she had other things to worry about. Nick got into a fight with another fox at their school, and he knocked him unconscious...

-Flashback-

"Hey, Judy?" Nick asked as the two strolled through the corridors of their school.

"Yeah, Nick?" Judy replied happily as she skipped next to her best friend.

"Why are you always so happy?" He asked as he stuffed his paws into his pockets. "There's nothing to be happy about in this world."

"Of course there is!" Judy beamed. "You can be happy about a lot of things! Like the nice weather outside, or how comfortable your shoes are, or just having a good friend next to you," she explained, nudging Nick with her hip.

Even though Nick never was really very happy, he couldn't fight off the faint smile on his lips. If there was one thing in this damn world that made him the slightest bit happy, it would be Judy. She was one of those animals who made everyone happy, and he was a little jealous of how she was friends with everyone. Nick wanted her all to himself, no matter how selfish that sounded. After all of the misery he had been through as a child, it was nice to have someone like Judy there for him.

"Come to think of it," Nick started, earning a listening look from Judy. "These shoes are actually quite comfortable."

Judy's ears perked up as a smile spread across her lips. "There ya go!"

The two continued their walk through the corridors, enjoying how mildly empty it was. Just as they turned another corner, they ran into the school's bullies. A couple of jerks who just loved picking on the two. Neither Nick nor Judy knew why they decided to pick on them, but Nick had a strong feeling it was because of the minority group. Bunnies and foxes, friends? It was unheard of, and the bullies liked to keep it that way.

The leader of the group, Gideon Grey, was a fox like Nick, and he hated Judy. For no apparent reason of course, because it was very hard to hate someone like Judy. He would always tease her about how perfect of a student she was, and make her feel even smaller than she already was. But, every time, Judy took Nick's advice: