Sick [Judy's POV]

Ok, I'm going off script and not writing a one-shot based off of pictures. I'll still do it but if I can't think of a storyline for a picture, I'll just make up a random one-shot. Ok, let's go!

~*~

"Hey Nick," I greeted sympathetically, closing the bedroom door behind me.

Nick's ears perked up weakly when he heard my voice. His little face lit up slightly as he looked up at me, that single movement looking like torture on him.

"Hey don't wear yourself out," I insisted softly, sliding off my jacket and putting in in the back of my computer chair.

I was so, so worried about Nick; he had caught a really bad case of the flu and couldn't come to work for the past week, as he was seriously ill. What was even worse was the fact that I had to sleep on the couch in the living room to avoid catching it, which I hated. Not only was the couch lumpy and uncomfortable, but I really missed Nick's warm embrace in the night.

He would always cuddle me in our sleep and make me feel warm and safe to go unconscious and now that I was sleeping on my own, I had lost that sense of security and warmth. So, yes, I missed Nick even though he was just in the room next to me.

But, because he couldn't come to work, I was stuck working all of these cases on my own. As much as I hated to admit it, Nick was an outstanding cop and I needed his help when it came to cracking cases. So I myself was on the verge of cracking!

"You ok?" I asked, climbing up onto our bed and stroking the fur on Nick's head, my brows creasing in worry when he shivered.

"Careful Cottontail," he croaked, smiling weakly. "You don't wanna get too close or you'll get ill aswell. And then nobody can work those cases."

"Oh Nick, I don't care about that!" I exclaimed, scratching that spot behind Nick's ear. "I care about you. So tell me, sweetie, are you ok?"

Nick closed his eyes and attempted to smirk, it coming out as more of an innocent child's grin.

"Better now you're here," he replied quietly, his voice hoarse and sensitive.

I gave Nick a sad smile before kissing him lightly on the top of his head and hopping off the bed. I was still wearing my police uniform but I don't think Nick minded. Last time I asked, he thought I looked good in it. Plus, I could change later; my first priority was looking after Nick.

"I'm gonna go make some soup," I said, opening the door to the living room. "You want some?" I asked, looking back at Nick sympathetically.

Nick nodded weakly, his green eyes looking even more lifeless than ever.

"Ok," I whispered, turning back around to go to the kitchen.

"Judy," Nick called out, the effort straining his poor voice.

"Yeah?" I replied, whipping myself back around to Nick's attention.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice sounding extremely hoarse.

My brows creased in worry as I shook my head.

"For what?" I asked, watching as he shifted uncomfortably in bed.

"For having to make you work all of those cases on your own," Nick answered, chuckling lightly.

I smiled warmly at him and laughed a little.

"No worries! They're nothing that the top cop of the ZPD can't handle!" I exclaimed, rushing off to the kitchen to make the soup for Nick and I.

When I had made the soup, I returned to the bedroom with two bowls of it and put one on the table by the TV before putting the other bowl on the bedside table next to Nick. I watched deviously as he struggled to lift the spoon, waiting for him to ask for my help.

"You want some help?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"You just love watching me fail don't you, Carrot-Cake?" Nick said, smirking properly for once.

"Naturally," I replied, picking up the spoon and putting it in Nick's mouth. I felt like a mother feeding her little boy and I loved watching Nick seem so helpless.

Towards the end of the day, I took my place on the lumpy couch and stared at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep, not without Nick anyway. I was cold in just my pyjamas and a skimpy blanket from the wardrobe. I just wanted to be within Nick's embrace, and I craved it to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. I got up from the couch and headed to the bedroom, opening and closing the door quietly once I was inside.

I walked up to my side of the bed and climbed up onto it, snuggling up next to Nick before letting the warmth of his body emit onto me.

"Judy?" Nick said, his voice sounding better already.

"Hmm?" I answered, keeping my eyes closed.

"Aren't you gonna catch the flu, snuggling up to me like that?" He asked with a slight tone of tease in his voice.

"I don't care," I whined, wrapping my arms around Nick's torso as I snuggled up closer to him.

"Fair enough," he replied, wrapping his own arms around my waist and pulling me close before kissing me on the forehead. "Night Judy."

"Night Nick."

{Extended ending}

I woke up the next morning feeling really stiff and groggy. I tried to open my eyes but they felt foo heavy, as did the rest of my body when I tried to sit up. When I eventually managed to get my eyes open, I found myself in bed, which wasn't a surprise to me as I remembered joining Nick in the middle if the night. But what did make me wonder was the fact that Nick wasn't sleeping next to me. He was gone, which surprised me a lot considering the fact that he was never awake before me.

"Nick?" I tried to call out, but my throat was burning too much, causing me to cough afterwards.

"Yeah?" Nick answered, popping his head around the doorframe of our bedroom.

"What are you doing?" I asked, squinting at the pain keeping my eyes open caused me.

"I am making you breakfast," Nick answered proudly.

"Why? I can make breakfast myself," I argued, trying to get out of bed but I felt too weak.

"Hang on right there, Cottontail. You are ill," Nick explained, rocking back on his heels with his hands behind his back.

"I'm...ill?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at Nick.

"Yep, you snuggled up too close to me last night and now you have the flu," he repeated, smirking at me.

I thought back for a moment to last night, where I remembered snuggling up to Nick in his sleep. Well then.

"Well, I guess you'll be having to look after me now then," I said, raising my eyebrow deviously before smirking at Nick.

"Yep, and I am going to enjoy watching you struggle."

~*~

I thought this one was cute. 😊