Friends and Demons- Part 1

Start from the beginning

She stared at me confused, until she got what I said. "How many times do I have to say I dont like him?!"

"You can't deny it." I smiled at her annoyed expression as she stormed off. As we left the wardrobe to the control room, the others were already there.

"Does it take that long to get an outfit on? I thought that was only the case with Aphrodite girls." Leo asked. He wore a white undershirt, a grey waistcoat, and a matching jacket. Jez in a dress and Leo in a suit? What has the universe come to?

"You try putting on a dress, Valdez." Jez countered, exiting the TARDIS. The Doctor parked it in a ally next to a rundown pub called 'Demons Bane.' The sign had a black rose in between the words. The Doctor went inside, and we followed him to the bar, where two men were seated. He tapped one on the shoulder, and the man turned around with a confused expression.

"Hey Jack. Long time no see, I think. Time travel, cant keep it in your head, am I right?"

The man, Jack, smiled. "Doctor!" he exclaimed, hugging the Doctor. "Regenerated, I see. You look good. And who's this?" He asked, his hand outstretched to River.

"Professor River Song, the Doctor's wife." She replied.

"Jack?" the man net to him chimed in. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?" He wore a white shirt, green jacket, and black trousers. His skin was carmel colored, his black hair looked messy, and his eyes were slit pupils, like a cats, and were a strange yellow-green.

"Doctor, River, and you guys," He ooked at us like he just realized we were there. "This is-"

"Bane!" a voice caught all of our attention as i girl began moving towards us. She had auburn hair, green eyes, and had a British accent. She wore a dark blue blouse, a black skirt, had a leather satchel, and a cloak.

"What is it now? I told Charlotte I was having a date."

"As much as I would like not to be the messenger for everything, she told me to get you. It's getting worse." the girl replied.

"And the change concerns me how?"

"Downworlders have gone missing, Magnus." she stated as if this was a very simple concept. Magnus's eyes got wide and he cursed loudly, but since everyone else in the pub was very drunk, they paid no attention.

"Have these four help." Magnus motioned to us. "Take them to the Institute They might be able to help."

"Good idea!" Jack chimed in. Magnus smiled, telling the bartender, who had blue hair and pointy ears, something I couln't make out.

"Fine. Follow me." she didn't even see if we started walking before she walked out.

- - - - -

We've been walking for ten minutes in almost complete silence, apart from the sound from our feet as we walked.

"So..." Leo tried to find something to say to break the silence. "...What's your name?"

The girl turned around to face him. "My name is Verenity Claire Rose." Then she turned back around and continued walking.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"The Institute, Leo Valdez." she replied. Everyone except Verenity stopped walking.

"How did you know his name?" I asked.

"I know more than just names, Naima Locke." Ok, Now she was freaking me out. Most of my life, when someone you don't know knows your name, it means either your teacher or a monster. Both weren't good.

She opened her satchel, pulled out a note book covered in paint stains, and handed it to me. I opened to the paged bookmarked with a pencil. It was a beautiful drawing of us coming out of the TARDIS and into the pub.  

I turned a page back, and I saw a drawing of Bunker Nine, the TARDIS parked out front.

Turned the next page and I saw the first time me and Jez met the seven. They just came back from saving the world, Jez flew down to meet them, I was running from the Stolls because I took their drachma stash they had been collecting by pickpocketing the Iris campers. That was a good day. I noticed the others crowded around me.

I turned to another page. There were multiple sketches: one was of a building, a hospital, on fire. Another was of a girl, hurt and alone, in a alley, the hospital burning in the distance. Then there was a goat in one of the trash cans. The next one had the girl from the alley trying to help someone, who was being attacked by hellhounds. Then, the two are walking into the forest, to lights, friends and music. The last one shows the girl from the alley at the campfire at camp Half-Blood, getting claimed. I then realized it was Jez and me. I still hate hellhounds.

"How do you even know this?" Nico asked.

Verenity shrugged. "I could always do it, see this that haven't happened yet. I think it was from my father." She muttered the last sentence.

"Well VCR, you're amazing at art." Leo commented.

"VCR?" Verenity looked confused.

"Your initials. Verenity Claire Rose. VCR." Leo explained.

"You would point out a nickname like that, Leo." Jez stated, unimpressed. 

We began walking, telling VCR about us. We stopped at Jez when Verenity stopped in front of a big, old church. She walked up the steps, and before she reached the door, a boy with black hair and blue eyes beat her to it.

"Verenity!" he looked at us quickly and turned to Verenity. "Who are-"

"Magnus send them to help, Will." She said, walking passed him.

We followed them until we reached the drawing room. There was a petite woman with brown hair sitting in a chair by the fireplace. She seemed to be looking through papers intently, she didn't notice us until Will cleared his throat. When she looked up, VCR explained Magnus sent us. The woman, Charlotte, then quickly explained the world of the Shadowhunters and demons and all of that.

Once Charlotte was done, Leo nodded. "Monsters, demons, and aliens. What's next, the Egyptian gods are real?"

"Well..."

"The point is, that someone, or something, has been taking mundanes. Snatching the poor, lost, or homeless from the streets, and no one notices. And now whoever is behind this has now added Downworlders to the mix and- " Charlotte put a hand to her head, trying to calm herself. "The Clave suspect another rouge Downworlder, or a group of them. Most suspect a vampire by the name of De Quincey. But I don't think that's the case. I think that all that's going on... it seems to be leading to something larger. Something is going on, but I just don't know what." She got lost in the thoughts it was another few minutes before she spoke again. "But besides that, will you three help us?"

"Three?" I asked, confused. I looked around, checking everyone off in my head... except one.

"Where did-"

"Only three of you came in." Will stated. "Are you missing someone?" He turned serious.

I wasn't really paying attention, I was trying to see how this happened, where it happened, when it happened. How did I not notice? How did the others not notice? I began thinking of what was going on, and everything clicked.

"Yes. Whoever is taking the people, now have Nico."

______________________

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!!! AND THE CLIFFIE!

And this chapter sucked. No need to remind me.

I've been a Dalek lately so I am sorry.

I will have part who on by tomorrow. I swear on the River Styx, on the Angel, and on fish fingers and custard.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!

~~~~~Jessie(SUPER-WHO-POTTER-LOCK-GOD-OF- BROOKLYN)