Apologies

Marinette's Point of View

"Chloe!! No!!" I screamed, falling to my knees as tears slipped down my cheeks, "Chat Noir, how could you do this to her?!!"

"Chat Noir is gone... Chat Blanc is here forever!" He declared.

A newfound anger replaced my sadness and shock, causing me to stand up and give him the biggest punch in the face my small fist could muster. "You destroyed my friend!!! I hate you, Chat Blanc! I hate you so much!!"

He fell to the ground and looked at me with a glare.

"You are a monster! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!!" I screamed angrily, pushing him back down when he stood again.

"She was the reason you hated me! How could you forgive her?!" He asked, becoming frustrated.

"I don't hate Chat Blanc because of her! I hate you because you because you destroyed Chloe! I love Chat Noir because he's a real superhero! A real superhero forgives and moves on! You're a monster!" I yelled, every piece of fear I carried just moments before vanishing.

"Then I guess I'm no longer a superhero."

"Don't you love being a superhero?! Don't you love saving the day? Why are you doing this?! Why can't I have Chat Noir back?!" I whimpered.

"When I was Chat Noir, I allowed you to blame me. I didn't try to argue! I was weak! I let you walk over me like cat litter," he yelled back.

"Chat Noir was way better than you! I'm so sorry that I ever blamed him!"

With that last sentence I said, Chat Blanc fell unconscious and ladybugs swept across the dust, replacing it with Chloe.

In Chat Blanc's place was Adrien again, still laying unconscious.

My kwami flew out from my purse and landed on my shoulder.

"See, Marinette? I told you you could figure it out! This situation probably required a simple apology!" Tikki smiled, hugging my cheek.

"Thanks Tikki!" I giggled, as my face was still streaked with tears.

As I noticed that everything was returned to its normal place, I wiped my tears away and hugged Chloe.

"Chloe! I'm so sorry!" I cried out, hugging her.

"Don't worry about it! Besides, I'm the one who really needs to apologize. I was the one who started this entire mess. I'm sorry, Marinette."

"I forgive you completely. I'm sorry Chat cataclysmed you to dust..." I apologized, pulling away.

"That wasn't either of your guys' faults. Adrien was being controlled by an akuma. Akumas can change you completely... Also, I was the one who pulverized myself to dust. I jumped in front of him anyways," she gave me a half-smile.

"I'm glad you're back. Now that everything is okay, can we be friends?" I asked her.

"For sure! I think you should probably go talk to Alya first, though. Because of me, you pushed her away. Again, I cannot apologize enough," Chloe spoke sincerely. I smiled and hugged her again.

As I got up, I noticed Adrien sat up in confusion, "What's going on? Marinette?"

"Oh my goodness, Marinette. I am so sorry. I feel so bad and I just- I never should have-" Adrien begun to say before I cut him off.