Words Hurt

Marinette's Point of View

I couldn't believe Adrien wasn't creeped out by the poster of him. He thought it was because I admire his father's designs.

There's a sad story.

Anyways, the sun set and the moon rose.

I had just prepared my bed when I received a phone call from Adrien.

My heart jumped and I squealed. Quickly, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Normally, I don't say these kinds of things but this time, it's necessary," he told me.

"What is it?" I asked, wondering if he might confess something.

"You are worthless and have no purpose here," he said in a casual tone.

I couldn't believe this was him.

"A-Adrien?" I whispered in disbelief.

"With you, nothing happens. Someone told me you liked me and I have never been more disgusted. Sorry, but no. I don't like you and I never will!" He told me coldly.

And he hung up. I couldn't believe he just said that.

I didn't expect him to be this kind of person. Also I wondered who it was that told him that I liked him.

The worst part was that my fear of being rejected by him became reality.

He rejected me. It was so robotic and cold, I couldn't believe he would just say it to me.

Tikki's mouth was hanging open because she heard the phone call.

I didn't even have emotion at the moment. I was just shocked. There were no words to express what I had just felt.

A forceful slap in the face, a punch in the stomach would've hurt less.

This was my crush telling me that I was worthless.

Before I even realized it, tears were slipping from my eyes onto my cheeks.

"Did he just..." Tikki asked in disbelief.

"..." I couldn't even speak.

Adrien Agreste rejected me in the meanest way possible.

Every word he spoke burned through me like a fire.

I was destroyed.

The words kept bouncing around in my head, repeating over and over.

Each time I thought about what he told me, it still drilled pain through me like it had the first time.

I idolized him.

I admired him.

He threw me aside like a piece of trash, like I was nothing. He told me I was nothing.

There was no way I could just ignore that.

I pushed aside all my emotion and muttered the words, "Tikki, spots on!"