Adrien's Dumb Mistake

Adrien's Point of View

As the day continued, I begun to realize I felt like that one emoji with the hearts on its eyes.

I couldn't believe I was literally centimeters from kissing my princess, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I wasn't completely "paw-sitive" why she stopped our kiss to remind me that I liked Ladybug.

A crazy thought made its way into my head, giving no reasons of how this idea could benefit either me or Marinette. Yet because I was so excited to finally show someone, I complied. The crazy thought went a little like this:

I should tell her I'm Chat Noir. She said she loved him! Which means she loves me!!! 

If I told her at the end of the day and maybe she wouldn't be so mad anymore, my voice of reason begun.

"So what's our plan for our project?" I asked the beautiful bluenette next to me.

"Hmm. I'm not sure. Maybe Chat Noir could help!" She beamed happily.

The teacher rolled her eyes and continued working.

Time skip to after school

"We got a good portion of the project done in class today," Marinette smiled.

My heart begun to beat harder. I felt the sweat beads forming from the top of my forehead.

"Yeah! I think so... Marinette, there's something I have to tell you," I stopped her.

My hands begun to feel clammy and cold as my legs soon felt like gelatin. Would she accept me as my alter-ego? Was this really a good idea?

"What's up?" She asked, looking me straight in the eye.

Just as I was going to confess the biggest secret of my life, Chloe comes out of nowhere and yelled out, "Wait!!! I have something to tell you guys!!"

Whatever Chloe had to say couldn't be as dramatic and/or changing to our relationship as what I was going to confess.

"Let me say mine first," I insisted.

"No, let me say mine first," Chloe argued.

"Why don't you guys play rock, paper, scissors and work this out fast? I have homework to get to before I see a certain kitty tonight," Marinette teased.

I couldn't just say this in a few seconds. This would need to be a private confession. I couldn't have the entire school learn my identity in a matter of seconds.

Alya and Nino came walking out, watching Chloe as if they were little kids waiting for her to do a magic trick.

"Marinette, I'm Chat Noir!" I yelled without a second thought.

"What?" She turned to look at me, her smile dropping.

Even though Chloe was shocked, she was about to throw another confession on top of mine, but Alya stopped her.

"I-I said I was Chat Noir..." I whispered, my heart rate increasing as I felt dizzy.

Just as I finished my transformation, I saw Marinette's face in absolute shock or horror.

"And I to think I trusted you? Brought you to the mall with us? Told you my true feelings? Was all of this... just a game to you? Was I just a game to you? I don't care who you masquerade as now, but you'll never have the upper advantage to my heart. Not if all you thought was that you could play my heart and lead me on! I'm done with you, I'm done with all of this!" Marinette went off on me.

I realized my mistake and a lump formed in my throat. I uttered out a small apology, but she stormed away.

I still didn't know why she was so upset with me as Adrien and how I played her heart. I could've never played her heart because I knew I loved her. It wasn't Ladybug I loved. Sure I admired her strength and abilities, but it was my princess I loved.

Tears stung my eyes and I ran away as fast as I could. Whatever she held against me was strong enough to tear our love apart and I knew from that point there would be no forgiveness on her end.