Finding a Solution

Adrien's Point of View

"Hey, do you know wrong with Marinette?" I asked Nino, my best friend.

"I'm assuming Chloe said something mean to her, but I wouldn't start jumping to conclusions. Maybe you accidentally said or did something that triggered the little lady," Nino told me.

"She won't even tell me what I did wrong," I said, sighing.

"You should go ask Alya," Nino suggested.

"Why don't you ask her? She's your girlfriend," I pointed out.

"Because it was your mistake," Nino reminded me.

"But she kind of scares me when it comes to protecting her best friend..." I told Nino, motioning to him Alya was currently glaring at me.

"Fine, I'll ask her. But you owe me food," he dealed.

"Ok, deal," I agreed.

After class, Nino pulled Alya to the side to talk to her.

"Dude, do you know what's wrong with Marinette?" he asks her.

"She won't even tell me, but considering what she said to Agreste, I can tell it's his fault!" I heard Alya yell, then she turned her glare to me.

She came stomping over angrily to me. "What did you do to my best friend?! I'm going to find out and when I find out, it's not a pretty outlook for you Agreste so you better explain yourself now!" She practically yelled in my face, painfully stabbing her tiny finger into my chest with every syllable she pronounced.

"Alya, I swear, I have no idea what's wrong with Marinette! I was working with her on the project yesterday and we were laughing and having fun but today she acts like I murdered her puppy! I tried asking her what was wrong but she kept accusing me of being mean! That's all I know, please don't hurt me!" I pleaded quickly to Alya who looked outraged.

"Fine, I'll just figure it out for myself, blondie. Thanks for the information I never got," Alya muttered before she walked back to Nino.

"And make sure he doesn't do anything else," Alya demanded to Nino.

He nodded nervously and she left.

Nino ran back over to me.

"Okay dude, what's our plan?" He asked me.

"I have no idea but we have to fix this," I told Nino.

"How are we going to do it?" Nino asked, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"I don't know yet, but we will figure this out. Marinette can't just hate me for something I never said. It'll be like the first day of school all over again," I buried my head in my arms.

"You should have someone Mari trusts go talk to her," Nino suggested.

"Maybe Chat Noir can do it. He can earn her trust and I can ask him what she said you did wrong," Nino suddenly said, making me perk up at the idea.

"I'll help you with finding and asking Chat Noir but don't forget our deal," Nino told me, wiggling his eyebrows.

"What deal?" I asked, pretending not to remember.

"The food deal, Agreste. The food! How can you forget the food?!" Nino asked in a whiny manner.

"Of course. How can I forget the food?" I laughed.

We fist-bumped and walked to a nearby fast food place.

"I'll have a burger and a large soda," Nino ordered, smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my wallet.