Cataclsym

Marinette's Point of View

With the knowledge of the fact that Chat Blanc was going to have to take some time to find which room I hid in, I held the lucky charm in my hand and was ready to take action. I looked back at the door and then at the picture of my civilian form, then closed my eyes tightly.

"Tikki, spots off," I whispered, still clutching the picture in my hand. Surprised it didn't disappear with my suit, I looked to my kwami curiously.

"You technically are your own lucky charm, along with the picture. With a miraculous holder being akumatized because of the grief caused by another miraculous holder, the entire situation is different," Tikki explained, causing me to cringe at the fact I was the reason that poor Chat Noir was akumatized.

"So how do I fix this in my civilian form without my powers?" I asked my kwami.

"Again, the entire situation is different with each and every holder, but don't worry Marinette! You'll figure it out just like you always do!" Tikki cheered me on.

I smiled at her in return and we tried to formulate a plan for this.

"Okay, so it seems that Chat Noir wants to talk to me, but do you think he would hurt me?" I asked Tikki.

"I don't think so. You're his princess! He wouldn't ever want to hurt his princess! It's not in his nature, but even so, I would suggest you keep a safe distance from him," she told me. I nodded and decided to go out and face the villain of my partner.

However, I wasn't careful opening the door and he saw me right away. Fear ran through my veins, and it was different from any of my others. Without the safety of my mask and suit, I felt vulnerable and scared.

"There you are, Princess...." he snarled at me as I slowly backed away with growing fear.

"Ch-Chat?" I whimpered, tripping back.

"Marinette..." my name rolled off the tip of his tongue smoothly and maliciously. His tail flickered like a cat's tail as it would grow ready to pounce and trap its prey. His eyes narrowed on me and the abnormally purple shade was alluring, yet malevolent. His snarling lip curled up at the side of his mouth and revealed his polished ivory teeth with sharpened edges on the canines.

"Wh-what do you want?" I asked, biting my cheek to keep my teeth from chittering.

"You know, it took an actual akuma just to get you to hear me out. Geez, you're a tough one, Princess," he chuckled demonically.

"Tell me the truth!" I demanded, trying to reinstate the bravery and strength back into my voice.

As soon as he was about to speak, he was interrupted by a certain blonde.

"Chat Blanc, it's time I confess the truth!" Chloe declared, her voice booming with strong emotion.

"Chlo-" I began to say, but she rose a finger.

"No! Let me tell you something. The both of you need to know the true story. Marinette, it's not your fault Adrien was akumatized. It was mine," she took a deep breath.

Chat Blanc turned his glare towards her and she looked at him with her own. "Don't interrupt the truth," she spoke through closed teeth, clearly radiating the irritation within her.

When her glance fell back to me, the glare softened. "Marinette, this is what really happened," she began to say.

Chat Blanc cringed painfully as the purple symbol around his face reappeared, seeing that Hawkmoth was telling him something.

"I need to find Ladybug!" He growled.

"Chat, you'll never find her," Chloe stated, looking back at me knowingly.

"Now sit your cat butt down and listen to what I have to say!" She yelled, grabbing him by the arm.

"Chloe, be careful!" I pulled her back as Chat's lip curled up as he released a hiss.

"Yes Marinette. I'll bee more careful. Now can you tell this guy to buzz off with his interrupting and allow me to continue the story?!" Chloe asked me as I released her from my grip.

"Stop it!" Chat Blanc swung his claw out accidentally ran his claws through the skin on my cheek. I gasped and pulled away, immediately raising my hands to the scratch wounds.

"You hurt her! You hurt your own princess!" Chloe yelled at him, pushing him away as his eyes grew with immediate regret and his hands pulled back.

His scratches stung my face as blood seeped out, causing me to let out a small whimper as I saw the blood on my hands.

"No... No! No, I didn't! You distracted me with your ridiculous bee puns!" Chat Blanc argued, but still displayed the guilt in his movements. His hands remained close to him and he kept a safe distance away from me.

"Chloe, this was my fault entirely! He wouldn't have been akumatized if I weren't so harsh about his reveal!" I claimed, stepping forward. Chat Blanc took a step back and exchanged a familiar look of apology in his eyes before he completely shook it off.

"Stop blaming yourself! I was the one who made up the script for Adrien to read! I was the one who recorded his reading! I was the one who stole his phone! I was the one who sent it to you in the form of a phone call! You had absolutely nothing to do with it and neither did Adrien! I set you two up against each other because I was jealous and immature! Marinette, I have always been envious of you, but it wasn't until recently that I realized I was being a complete dingbat! I... am so sorry," Chloe trailed off at the end, her eyes beginning to fill with tears as her strength began to falter at her guilt.

"So, you can- hate me... I understand why. I am the meanest person. I never deserved your amazing friendship in- in the first place. I'm so sorry, Marinette! And Adrien, I'm sorry too!" Chloe began to cry.

"It was all your fault... You are the real monster, Chloe!" Chat Blanc's voice pounded with anger as his purple eyes darkened and a cloud began to surround him.

Without words, his cataclysm was summoned through his anger and he struggled withholding his destruction. The apologetic look in his eyes when he realized he hurt me seemed to disappear and be replaced with a sinister one.

As his hand reached out to touch the crying girl in front of him, I pulled her from his reach as he stumbled forward.

With his failed attempt, his eyes narrowed on her specifically, and he ignored Hawkmoth's akuma symbol around his face.

"I'm no longer under your control, Hawky. I can do whatever the heck I want," he spoke tauntingly.

"Don't use your powers for evil, Chat! You're my partner... -in English class! You're my kitty! I know you're still in there and I need you! I need you back!" I pleaded to the angered akuma. This time, he showed no signs of apology or guilt. Instead, his hand reached out to grab me, causing Chloe to push me aside
as
his
powers
struck
her.

Cataclysm on a human.

The power of destruction was used on a human.

Chloe let out a pained gasp as she turned to look at me, then she was gone before my eyes.