Holding Back the Truth

Chloe's Point of View

I had made the decision to use Adrien's voice against Marinette, and I thought he would immediately be into me when he realized she lost her interest in him.

What I had actually done was come up with a simple script that I would have Adrien read while Sabrina recorded, then I would take Adrien's phone while he wasn't looking, then I call Marinette later with his phone. Instead of using my voice, I would play parts of the recording that Adrien had spoken, making Marinette believe he was the one to have said it.

Believe it or not, it worked.

I couldn't believe I actually said this, but I felt awful for doing that.

Adrien looked so upset and confused.

Marinette looked so annoyed with him and flat-out disgusted.

Why did I go through with my filthy plan?

This is why I can't watch certain movies. I get bad ideas.

"Marinette, can you please-" Adrien began to beg.

"Leave me alone, Adrien! Just stop talking to me!" Marinette yelled.

His expression became surprised then immediately saddened.

"Mari-" he said before she cut him off.

"Do you not understand the definition of leave me alone?! That means stop talking to me, stop looking at me, and stop bothering me for the love of Chat!" Marinette angrily told him.

She held her nose up high and held her hand toward him disgustedly.

I didn't realize she would slowly evolve into me.

She was destroying her personality by changing it to mine.

Hers was more beautiful than mine could ever be, and I realized that I did it because I was jealous.
I was jealous of her sweet personality because I knew I could never be like her.

"Marinette! I'm sorry!" I blurted out, making the whole class quiet. Her eyes softened when she turned to look at me.

"What?" She asked, her voice suddenly softer and more quiet.

"You know what, guys? I'm so sorry for everything. I never realized what kind of a person I've become and now, I promise to change for the better! I will do my best to never bully another person again!" I apologized to the class.

Sabrina looked at me and smiled.

A lot of people smiled in return.

Marinette showed some sort of appreciation by giving me a half smile, then getting back to her classwork.

I almost wanted to tell her what I did. I didn't quite know why; I can't just tell her or keep it a secret.

The guilt started to build in my stomach.

Adrien stared down at his homework paper then suddenly started ripping it to pieces.

Tears fell from his eyes in the process.

I wanted to help him so badly but I couldn't.

"What are you doing, jerk?" Marinette asked with annoyance hinting in her voice.

"I hate that a good friend of mine is just ignoring me over something I don't even recall happening! What was it that made you hate me? Why can't you just tell me?! Please!" He practically begged.