Negativity

Chloe's POV

What in the world was that boy thinking?! He had just exposed his identity to Marinette before even knowing what he had supposedly done!

I mean I was completely taken by surprise and I wasn't a superhero myself, but weren't heroes supposed to keep their identities a secret?

I guess it just hit Marinette that she went shopping at the mall with Adrien and treated him like a friend while she was ignoring him. I was about to confess to Marinette and Adrien that I was responsible for that horrible phone call, but he just went up and ruined it for the three of us!

"Marinette! Wait up!" Alya ran after her, hoping she could find some way to calm her down.

Nino, even though he was still utterly in shock, was also trying to get Marinette to chill out.

"Dudette, are you okay? Just breathe... Is she breathing?" I heard Nino ask.

I should've confessed right there and then, but seeing how she was already dealing with Adrien being Chat Noir, I think she would've either bit my head off or passed out.

"I'm going to go try and find Adrien... Maybe I can explain this whole thing to him," I whispered to Alya. She replied with a curt nod.

I sprinted down the same direction I saw Adrien run when Marinette yelled at him. After a while, I found him leaning against one of the lockers with his head in his hands.

"Adrien?" I asked gently.

"She hates me now. She absolutely hates me," Adrien spoke, his saddened and frustrated tone becoming increasingly heartbreaking.

"We- We can sort this out, Adrien. Don't you worry," I tried to reassure him.

"I earned her trust and lost it in the blink of an eye," he held his hands over his face, mainly covering his eyes.

"This isn't your fault! I-I need to tell you something," I nervously gulped.

When he took his hands off his eyes, they were red from crying and I could see the tear stains upon his cheeks.

I heard the flapping of a nearby butterfly. When I turned around, I noticed it was a purple-blackish color.

"Adrien, its going to be okay. Alright? I just need you to think happy things and make a run for your life. Sound good?" I asked him, pulling him by the shoulders as I heard the flaps becoming louder.

"Wh-What?" He wiped his eyes.

"Run!" I pulled him by the arm and made a run out of the school.

"There's an akuma chasing me?!" He yelled out in panic.

"Yes, but don't be negative! Think happy!" I yelled back, still running with him. I looked behind and it seemed to be catching up quickly.

"Think happy?! Chloe, the girl actually hates me!" Adrien yelped.

As much as I wanted to confess, I knew telling him in this moment would lead to an angered akuma rather than a sad one. Angry akumas are much more mean and harsh, and if Ladybug was going to have to put up with another akumatized victim of mine, I would need to make it as easy as possible for her since her partner would be the one she would need to battle. Angered akumas seems to take more time and effort to defeat, and Ladybug didn't need to deal with that.

"Just keep running!" I yelled to Adrien, seeing that he was panting and tears were now starting to fall upon his face.

"And for the love of Chat, please don't cry! Ladybug shouldn't have to fight you! Please don't let the akuma get to you!" I continued.

"I can't help it!" He replied emotionally.

"Yes you can! Just stop being so... emotional and just be happy!" I added.

"It doesn't just work like that, Chloe!" Adrien told me as we continued to run alongside each other.

"Please, Adrien!" I begged, seeing that the akuma was literally inches behind him.

"I-I can't!" He choked out, still running as I halted to a stop, not used to all the running.

"Keep going!" I yelled.

Before my eyes, I saw my childhood friend absorb the dark moth and saw the area around his eyes turn red.

He stopped running, now just staring at the wall ahead.

"Yes, Hawkmoth."