Chapter 15: Just Forgive

Jungkook's P.O.V.

Kylie and I mainly kept to ourselves as we followed the signs to Areum Villages with the group. We had been making good progress until one of the girls rolled her ankle and insisted on taking a break. Groaning in frustration, I walked over to the alley wall and sat, leaning up against it as I looked around.

I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye, and quickly grabbed the gun at my side. Resting my finger on the trigger, I walked down the alley, startled when I heard a noise from behind the dumpster. Turning around, I was met face to face with a frightened Hoseok.

"What are you doing here? And where is everyone else?!?" I asked, my anxiety rising as I began thinking of reasons the others could be missing.

"Nikki and Ravs are with me." He began, motioning for them to come out from behind the dumpster. "Namjoon and Jin are at a store." I noticed his face turn red as he spit out the last part and knew that something wasn't right. My eyes went wide, confused as to why the group had split up.

"What do you mean? Why did you leave them behind? Are they ok?" I spewed, overwhelming Hoseok with my nonstop questions.

He explained to me everything that had happened- from Jin sleeping with his sister to Namjoon throwing Yoongi under the bus. I then took my turn explaining about Jimin's kidnapping and my fight with Taehyung.

"What happened to us?" Hoseok asked, dazed at how much had happened between our close group tonight.

"Secrets." I said, patting him on the shoulder. "Our secrets tore us apart."

I heard footsteps rounding the corner and turned my head to see Kylie. When she saw us, she rushed over, eager to reunite with the others. I stepped back and smiled as I watched her interact with them, chuckling to myself as she awkwardly introduced herself to Nikki and high-fived Hoseok. After she finished with Ravs, she walked over to me.

"The others want to start moving. Are you ready?" She asked. I smiled at her and nodded my head.

"Let's go kick Ryan's ass!" I said to the others, motioning for them to follow me. They chuckled and fell into line behind me, all of us eager to finally get our hands on the scumbag.

Jimin's P.O.V.

After agreeing to take Kai to Namjoon, the punishments stopped. I was no longer chained down into a chair, anxiously awaiting the next beating. So, I was quite surprised when the door opened abruptly and the voices of two men could be heard yelling. I turned around to examine the scene, only to find the guards from earlier shoving Yoongi into the room. He fell hard onto the floor and the door was shut and locked quickly behind us.

"Yoongi?!?" I yelled, quickly rushing over to the man's side. He looked terrible- his face had a large gash in the side and was covered in bumps and bruises, his skin was even more pale than normal, and the rest of his body had been beaten and stabbed as well. "What the hell did they do to you?" I asked, carefully moving the boy into my arms.

He winced in pain, barely able to cry out with his raspy, dry throat. When he began talking, he didn't sound anything like himself. "Tried... To get... Information..." I quickly shushed him, not wanting him to hurt himself anymore. "Namjoon... Gave me... To them..." He abruptly added before falling silent again.

My head began spinning and I felt sick to my stomach. What the hell was Namjoon thinking? My face turned red as the anger built up inside me. How could he betray us like this?

"Don't... Just forgive..." Yoongi whispered out, obviously sensing my anger.

"How? How am I supposed to when he's responsible for this?" I said, motioning to the man's body.

"It's hard... But we have... To trust..." He said, lightly smiling up at me.

"I hope you're right hyung." I whispered, blinking back tears as I looked at the broken man before me.

Taehyung's P.O.V.

My eyes slowly fluttered open, taking a few minutes to adjust to the lack of lighting. I looked down to find Alaina curled up on my lap, head carefully resting on my good shoulder and avoiding the wound on my side. I smiled, about to close my eyes and return to sleep when I remembered the situation we were in.

I tried to move out from underneath Alaina, but a sharp pain shot through me from my side and I collapsed back against the wall.

"Don't move too much. You'll pull the stitches out." I heard someone whisper nearby. Looking around, I found the owner of the voice, a woman by a corner of the maze.

"Who are you?" I asked, my hand slowly and unnoticeably moving towards the gun at my side.

"I'm Julia." She started, slowly walking in our direction. "I helped Alaina patch you up- I gave you some stitches on your side and cleaned your wounds."

My heart softened at the mention of Alaina's name- Julia had taken care of her and protected her when I couldn't. Where I had failed, Julia had covered for me.

"Thank you. And you're sure Alaina didn't get hurt?" I asked, trying to put my mind to ease.

"She's been curled up like that ever since I fixed you up two hours ago." She said chuckling. "A couple people came by but I took them out for you." Julia finished, motioning to the bodies on the ground near us.

"Why are you helping us?" I asked, confused as to what was so special about the two of us that a hunter would be willing to kill her own kind to keep us alive.

"I don't want to be a hunter. It's sick what these people do for fun." She started, her face twisted in disgust. "My father makes me sign up, but I just couldn't bring myself to kill you. I truly want to get you guys out."

"I guess you and I are alike in that aspect. If I wasn't for Alaina I don't think I could have brought myself to kill anyone. But once I had her life in my hands, I couldn't just sit back and watch you know?" I admitted, looking down at the sleeping girl's form.

She nodded her head in understanding before changing the subject. "So are you guys ready to leave?" She asked anxiously.

"Right now?" I asked, my eyes popping out of my head.

"Yeah. All the hunters are dead You won!" Julia said quietly, her eyes beginning to water. I looked at her in confusion.

"But you're still alive..." I trailed off, realizing where this was going.

"That's what you're in charge of." Julia said, reaching over and placing her gun in my hand. She placed my finger on the trigger and raised my arm, stopping when it was pressed against the temple of her head. "Now pull the trigger." She she said, allowing a tear to roll down her cheek.

"No there has to be another way..." I said, my brain combing through different possibilities. "You've done so much for us! We wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you! I can't just kill you!" I shouted.

"Taehyung this is the only way. Just do it before Alaina wakes up... I'll be fine." Julia choked out.

I looked down at the girl in my lap and knew that her life depended on my decision. I had to get her out safe- I pinky promised- but could I really kill the person that was responsible for saving our lives? I took a deep breath and did what I knew was best.

"I'm so sorry Julia. Thank you for everything." I whispered, looking into her eyes. She smiled and nodded her head, signaling for me to continue.

I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger.

A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading! This book is already almost at 8k and I'm so happy. This chapter was mainly a filler to wrap up some loose ends, but the real action is coming soon.

Unfortunately, this book will be ending soon- at most 5 more chapters. To be honest I have no idea what to do after I finish The Purge. If you have any suggestions let me know 😂! Byeeee.