Chapter 4: I'm Scared

Jungkook's P.O.V.

I carefully and quickly carried Kylie up the stairs, ducking into the nearest bedroom and locking the door behind me. I walked over to the bed, and placed the injured girl on the floor beside it, her eyes meeting mine in confusion.

"Crawl under the bed. You can't fight if they find us. I don't care what happens to me, you stay hidden." I whispered, smiling lightly over at her. She looked ready to protest, but she simply nodded and began to crawl under the frame. I sat, leaning against the bed, where I would be hidden from view unless the intruders walked all the way into the room.

Silence filled the room and we both intensely listened for footsteps and movements. I was startled when I felt a hand intertwine in mine. "I'm scared." Kylie whimpered out. I gave her hand a tight squeeze.

"I'm scared too." I quietly admitted.

"I could tell." She chuckled out. "Your whole body is shaking." I chuckled a little myself. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my switchblade, my other hand still holding hers.

"Here." I said, placing the switchblade down beside me. "Take that. It might give you some piece of mind." I saw her other hand slowly emerge from under the bed, blindly searing for the blade in the darkness.

"Thank you." She said softly.

We sat in silence again, hands still together, as we focused on listening again. It fell nice to know I wasn't alone in this. The peace was short-lived however, as I heard the doorknob jiggle.

"Jungkook..." She cried out softly, her breath increasing rapidly.

"Shhh... Calm down... Deep breaths. Remember what I told you. Don't try to fight. They won't see you there." I reassured her, praying it was the truth.

The door fell to the ground, completely knocked off its hinges. Quickly, I let go of Kylie's hand, praying the darkness would keep us hidden. That's when I was blinded by the sudden bright light that hit my eyes.  The figure quickly made its way over to me and I froze in place, terrified.

Kylie's P.O.V.

I heard the door fall to the floor. I saw the light point in our direction. I heard the footsteps of a man approach Jungkook. It took all my strength not to cry out.

"Where are the girls?!?" A loud, deep voice demanded.

"What does Ryan want with two teenage girls anyway? Is this the only way he gets laid anymore?" Jungkook spat out. I heard a loud smack and Jungkook quietly winced in pain.

I felt the switchblade between my fingers and fumbled for the button to release the blade. It popped out and I crawled quietly to the very edge of the bed frame.

"Where the hell are they you bastard?" The voice asked again. Without hesitation I raised my hands, both gripping the blade, to the mans thigh level and stabbed. He cried out in pain and stumbled backwards, giving Jungkook enough time to attack. In a second, I heard the man's large body hit the floor.

Jimin's P.O.V.

My back pressed against the wall next to kitchen door as I slowly backed away from the masked man. As he ran towards me I quickly pulled out my switchblade and made contact with his stomach. He doubled over in pain and my foot met his side, kicking him onto the floor. I bent down, searching his dying body for clues to his identity. I was so focused I didn't notice the footsteps behind me until it was too late. Turning around, my head was met with a frying pain and the world instantly faded to black.

Taehyung's P.O.V.

I was crouched behind the couch in the living room, quietly listening for any noise from the hallway. It had been about ten minutes since we parted ways and I hadn't heard or seen anything. Curiosity getting the best of me, I stood up and began walking towards the hallway.

Suddenly, the house erupted in light and the power was restored. I figured whoever cut the power had turned it back on, and took this as a sign that the intruders had left.

To be honest, this was probably all a prank pulled by some bored teenagers. After all, I didn't even see anyone or have to fight them off. To be on the safe side, I chose to go ahead and search the house. I decided to start upstairs and check on the maknae and injured girl. Surely, Jimin was more than capable of holding his own.

I climbed the stairs and headed towards the nearest bedroom. The door was broken down and there was a pool of blood on the floor. "Fucking hell." I sighed out. I moved inside but was unable to find anyone. "Jungkook-ah? Kylie?"

"Taehyung we're under the bed." Jungkook said as he started to crawl out.

"Are you hurt?!? Is Kylie?!? Who's blood is that?!?" I was beyond worried for their safety. I couldn't lose someone else to the Purge.

"No Taehyung. We're fine. That blood belongs to one of the fucking idiots that broke in." Jungkook spat out, reaching his hand out to help Kylie off the floor.

"Where's his body then...?" I asked confused.

"Closet." Jungkook and Kylie said in unison. "We figured we'd hide it in case someone else came in." Kylie continued.

"Well I'm glad you guys are ok. Good job Jungkook." I said smiling and patting him on his back. "Now let's go find Jimin hyung all right?"

I led the two downstairs, Kylie doing drastically better and being able to walk by herself. When we reached the kitchen we saw the next dead body, but no Jimin. I triple checked to make sure the body wasn't his, almost crying tears of joy when it wasn't. Still, the boy as missing. "Jimin hyung? Where are you?" I yelled loudly.

"Taehyung... You might wanna read this." Jungkook said, handing a paper to me.

We know you have Ravs and Kylie. If you want Jimin back, bring them to us.
- Ryan's Men

I looked from the note, to Jungkook, to Kylie. My smile falling instantly.

Rav's P.O.V.

As the last shooter fell to the floor and died, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jin, and I immediately ran towards the front of the store. We found Namjoon there, lying in a pool of blood, his breathing slow and weak.

"Fuck." Jin cried out, squatting next to the boy and trying to pinpoint the location of his gunshot wound. I became annoyed as the blonde tried to delicately pull Namjoon's shirt aside. I reached over and gripped the shirt with both hands, tugging hard as buttons flew across the room.

"We don't have time to be gentle." I said as the boys looked over at me shocked. I examined the boy's torso, finding the bullet hole in the lower right side of his stomach. I pointed my finger at it and the boys stared, completely clueless at what they should do.

"Will he make it...?" Yoongi asked quietly from behind me, his breath hitting my neck as he peered over my shoulder. I tried to ignore the electricity that shot through my body when he did so.

"He should." I said slowly. "I need someone's shirt to put pressure on the wound and stop the bleeding."

No one moved. Sighing, I began to take Yoongi's jacket off myself. Unfortunately, it was leather which wouldn't work. I took a deep breath and ripped my own shirt off, immediately moving to tie it around Namjoon's body.

"You guys are real assholes, you know that? You're friend is dying and you're too stubborn to take your shirt off?!? I can't believe you." As soon as the shirt was securely in place I put Yoongi's jacket back  on, covering myself up.

I looked at their faces, all were red from blushing and embarrassment. "Oh grow up!" I said, rolling my eyes as I stood up and began searching the store for water and food for Namjoon. "Are you gonna help me look for stuff or are you too shy to do that too?!?" I asked annoyed.

Quickly, the boys stood up and spread out across the store.