preference 3 » you have a nightmare

Stefan: You were sleeping alone at your apartment tonight. You usually stay at Stefan's place or he's here with you, but tonight he was out with Damon. You were having a pretty terrifying nightmare about losing your family and having to watch it happen. Considering it was true and had happened a few years back, it was especially gut wrenching. 

You woke up in a cold sweat, gasping for air. You'd assumed you'd been yelling too, since you had been in the dream. You reached over to your phone and dialed Stefan's number. 

"Hey Y/N what's up?" 

"Stefan, I'm sorry to interrupt your night out," you breathed, "but I had that nightmare again and I just can't be alone right now.

"I'll be over soon." He said quickly as he hung up. He was here in ten minutes, soothing you with kind words and holding you while you cried.

Damon: You slept in Damon's bed wrapped in his arms comfortably. He'd woken up when you started fidgeting and kicking your legs. He gently shook you to wake you up with no luck. He shook you harder and whispered your name in your ear until you gasped waking up from your horror filled dream.
"Hey, hey." He soothed, laying you back down. "Nightmare?" He asked. You only nodded in response, unable to speak. He then combed your hair with his fingers, and hummed into your ear until you fell back to sleep.

Klaus: You ran and ran in the woods, knowing that it was no use, you'd never be able to outrun him. The big bad hybrid, your lover, now trying to kill you. You looked back, trying to see if he was still behind you when you ran into a tall bulky figure. Klaus. You screamed as loud as you could as he drank your blood, killing you slowly.
"Y/N! Y/N!" Klaus shook you awake. You opened your eyes to see him right before you. You were taken a back by it and unintentionally scooted back a bit. He understood what that meant. "No, no, love. No, I'd never hurt you. I love you." He said with a hurt expression in his eyes. You hugged him as tight as you could and he returned it. You wanted to believe that he'd never hurt you, but deep down you were worried his hybrid side would take over.

Elijah: You were trying desperately to get back to sleep after a bad nightmare you had hours ago. You'd woken with a jolt, but Elijah hadn't seemed to notice. You didn't know how long it had been, but you weren't getting back to sleep anytime soon.
Elijah woke to your constant shifting in the bed. You were wide awake and he noticed immediantly.
"Y/N? What's wrong?" He asked, his voice filled with sleep.
"Its nothing, just a bad dream a few hours ago. Sorry I woke you." You tried to say convincingly. It would have worked if Elijah didn't know you so well.
"Don't be silly." He said, taking you into his arms and kissing your head. You managed to fall a sleep in a few minuets after that.

Kol: Kol kept getting woken up by your constant shifting and kicking him in bed. How was he supposed to sleep with you always moving around? He looked over to your sleeping face and instead of seeing you in your usual relaxed state, you had a worried expression on your face and was whimpering to yourself. As worried slowly turned to fear, Kol decided enough was enough and woke you up with a strong shake.
"Kol?" You whispered.
"Y/N, love, was that a nightmare?" He asked genuinely concerned for you.
"Oh I'm sorry, I was kicking again wasn't I? Sorry. Go back to sleep." You said brushing it off.
"No, darling, that's not why I woke you. Are you okay? What was that dream about?" He pushed. You knew exactly why he woke you but you didn't want to tell him that your nightmare was about him trying to kill you. And it wasnt the first one.
"Nothing, love," you said wearily.
"Y/N. Tell me. Was..was it about me?" He asked. You stayed silent, not knowing what to say.
"God, no love! I'd never hurt you in a million years! I love you! Get that out of your head right now!" He yelled hugging you. You weren't scared. It wasn't his angry yell, but his concerned yell. You hugged him right back and knew that he was telling the truth.

A/N
Haii peoples, comment or message me any imagines or preferences requests!