cɧą℘ɬɛr 09

Hazel POV

Both Zac and Jai sat in front of me. They seemed in deep thoughts and I didn't want to interrupt.

It's really hard to lose something who is important to you.

When Vanessa woke up, both boys tried their best to make her happy. They are just helping her feeling better.

Those days, I only watched them. I didn't talk to Vanessa.

Until one day, Jai came out and told me that Vanessa needs me.

I stood and walked to her room.

What does she want? Is she okay?

"Hello Vanessa", I said once I reached her room.

"Hi, sit down here. I need to talk to you before I die", she said.

"You're not dying Vanessa. You'll be okay", I lied but I still hope she'll be fine after fighting her disease.

"I know everything Hazel. I know that there is only few days and I'll pass away. I know that you and Zac used to be in a relationship. I know that that you and Jai are just faking a relationship. I know that Zac and Jai are depressed now. Jai will lose his sister and Zac will lose his best friend not his true girlfriend. He just faked that he is in love with me when he knew about my case. He is afraid of losing since he lost many important people already", she said and here ladies and gentlemen I srayed silent.

What would I say? Sorry I dated your boyfriend when you both were already together? That's bullshit.

"Hazel it's okay. I'm happy that he faked his feelings. Don't torture yourself. I just want you to know that I forgive you and him. After I die, I want you to make him happy as he is my happiness now. I'm confused why did Jai fake dating you, but if you like-love Zac go after him", she said.

"Hazel this is my last wish. Catch your hopes and feelings and suceed in achieving them"

She handed me a picture of Zac and me together. She smiled while looking at it.

"I really hope you'll be together soon"

Then she called Jai and handed him a torn photo.

"Why did you do that? ", he said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Forget about me Jai and yes I teared this picture because I'm leaving everything including you Jai.I really wish I could stop this tumor"

I looked at the picture in Jai's hand. It was him and I assume the torn one was Vanessa.

That's the last thing she said before the heart machine start beeping. The doctors and the nurses came in and tried to regain the heart beats but they failed.

"Sorry Jai. May soul rest in peace", the doctor said. Jai was in shocked. He rested his back on the wall and started shouting.

"You piece of shit. She was fine and you killed her. She was happy this morning. Why would she die? You're lying", he shouted at the doctor.

"Hazel she isn't dead right? ", he cried even more. He walked toward me and hugged me.

I don't know what to do so I cried too.

"Jai, she is in a better place right now. You need to believe this", I said.

He is broken and I was crying.

Zac was frozen in his place. He didn't cry nor he said anything.

You could say he didn't expect that Vanessa would leave this soon.

He didn't look toward us. He stood up and left.

That was his only reaction?

•●•●•●•

Funeral Day.

Zac didn't attend it. I'm worried.

"Vanessa was my sister and my family. She was always there to motivate me and helped me through my problems. I hate using the past tense, but she left me. It was so early. She didn't know that her life would turn like that. She once told me that she lost hope and she is dying no matter what. Everything has an end. Even in her last days, she was supportive and enjoying her every moment, but she didn't know it was her last. Vanessa, her name just bring tears to my eyes. How could you leave me alone? Till now, I can't believe that she is d-dead. God. I hope her soul rest in peace", Jai's speech.

Then he came and sat next to me.

"Jai, you're an awesome brother and I'm sure Vanessa will be always proud of you "

"She was amazing and still is", Jai said. Then he turned toward me

"By the way, did Zac text you? ", he asked.

"No, he didn't even attend the funeral"

"Zac left, Hazel. He is in Spain now"

•●•●•●•●

CLIFFHANGER!?

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER?

DID YOU THINK IT'S AN EMOTIONAL CHAPTER OR NO?

THANK YOU FOR READING! !

Huda