"We've tracked your location," the lady on the other end of the phone said. "What's your name?"

"Riley," I answered.

"Okay, Riley, I've sent help. I'm going to need you to stay calm," she continued. "Is anyone there with you? Are you alone?"

"No, I have a friend with me," I replied.

"Then I'm going to hang up. Is that okay?"

"Yes. We'll be fine."

"Have a nice day." She closed the line. Did she really just tell me to have a nice day? I just found a dead body for crying out loud.

Walking back inside, I found Kyle fitting his sword under a loose board on the floor. "Help's coming," I told him as he slid the board over the weapon and climbed to his feet. Handing him the phone, my eyes darted to Sabrina.

My mind flashed back to my mother's lifeless body on the floor and how I was unable to do anything but wait for help to come. Shaking my head, I tried to clear my thoughts and get my mind off her. Tears burned my eyes as the flashback surfaced against my will. Blinking them away, I turned my head, not wanting Kyle to see.

I quickly discovered I had failed when he took a step toward me and reached out, placing his hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong?" he questioned, furrowing his eyebrows. "Everything's going to be fine," he promised.

"It's not that." With a shake of my head, I turned around and faced the door. "I was just thinking about someone else," I whispered.

For a moment he didn't say anything. "Your mom?" When I nodded, he continued, "Do you want to talk about what happened?"

"No," I told him, shaking my head. "Not right now."

He nodded, but I noticed the slightest hint of hurt on his face. His eyes drifted to Sabrina. "Come on, we should wait outside." I nodded and let him lead me out the door, away from the building and onto the sand. Once we were by the water, he brought me into a hug. "We're going to get through this," he assured me. He was much taller than me; the top of my head reached the tops of his shoulders.

Exhaling, I laid my head against his chest then subconsciously breathed in his musky scent. "How did we get ourselves into this position? They won't stop until we help them," I told him, my voice filled with worry.

He chuckled and rested his chin on my head. "I don't know," he admitted.

I pulled away from him. "The police are going to be inside the hideout for a long while. What are you going to do if you need your sword?"

He smirked. "I don't need a sword. After all, my father is the ruler of the underworld." He held out his hand with his palm facing the sky. Right before my eyes, fire ignited from his palm and fingers, glistening and dancing across his hand. Just as soon as it appeared, it vanished.

A grin stretched my cheeks. "Your powers are probably the most useful out of the three of us."

"Not true!" he disagreed. "You can control water and make water portals, and Dylan can control lightning and fly."

I crossed my arms. "What's so great about flying and making portals if you can teleport?"

He didn't reply and for a moment we only stared at each other before he held up his hands in surrender. "Okay; you got me. I'm not going to argue if you say I'm better than you." He turned away from me and crossed his arms, trying to hide the playful grin on his face.

"I did not say that!" I exclaimed, my arms uncrossing while doing so.

"Yes, you did!" He laughed and glanced over his shoulder at me. His smile was wide and sparkling.

I shook my head and imitated him by crossing my arms. "I would never say such a thing," I claimed.

He turned around with the same smile stretched across his face. "Why wouldn't you? You know it's true." Holding out his hands, he let fire dance across his fingers. I was about to object, when the sound of police sirens filled my ears. The fire on his palms immediately extinguished.

I looked over my shoulder and saw police cars, FBI cars and an ambulance driving down the beach in our direction. Reality sank in as I took in our situation. "They're going to take care of it." Kyle took my hand for reassurance.

"Yeah, but they don't know the whole story."

"They don't need to," he said squeezing my hand. "We can handle it."

***
How are you liking it so far? I'd love to hear what y'all are thinking;)

Thanks for reading!

Vote!

Comment!

**Until next time:))