Blog Post #3: Puppets of the West, puppets of the Zionists

Julie Adams

Julie Adams

June 11, 2016: Saturday

Day 9: Tel Aviv

Home is a word that holds a lot of meaning, especially to a person who has no home.

This week has proven to be heartbreakingly beautiful. I visited one of the refugee camps on Thursday, and most of the people that live there are Palestinians banned from returning to their home villages. Omar, my taxi driver and wonderful old man, took me to his second home. The home he was forced to make because the Israeli government refused to let him back into his home in Gaza. I met a lot of wonderful people, down to earth, homey, and happy, despite having lost everything. They shared their food with me, invited me into their homes, and made me feel like I was one of them. I met a little boy at the open-air excuse of a school, where they don't learn anything besides what the "teacher" knows. This little boy, as you can see in the video attached below, told my camera that he was an orphaned boy, living on the street because he saw his mother and father shot dead in front of him and his older brother arrested because he tried to protect the now dead parents. And now, because of that, this little boy has no parents, has no home, and is traumatised for life.

On the bright side, so many of the people in the village are estranged from their families, they've created their own little family within the community, and the orphans are taken care of by the adults.

My heart breaks for them, but is also filled with so much awe for how they have built their lives around their misgivings.

On that same note, though, I am consumed with more and more anger the longer I stay on this stolen land. The Israeli government must fall. It's unfair, subjective and basically makes murder legal. Why don't we try getting the hashtag #DownWithIsrael trending?

Not enough people know about what's going on in this country. There are soldiers patrolling everywhere, like they're just waiting for someone to step out of line. Add onto that the segregation and Apartheid laws, you've got yourself a prison of a country.

A lot of the West is corrupted, and people refuse to see it. I mean, look at the United Kingdom. If you think about it, what does the Royal family do besides eat the people's money? They have no say in political decisions. They're mere puppets. Puppets of the West, puppets of the Zionists.

How many American presidents have given the go ahead, even participated in the murder of thousands of innocent people? How many of you know that the United States current, and many previous, President has sent several innocent people to be killed in Guantanamo Bay? Never mind them being innocent, did you know that majority of that prison is filled by Muslims?

Do not believe everything you read, hear, and see in mainstream media.

Most often than not, it's just trying to divert your attention to something trivial while some other big thing happens that is not supposed to be mediarised.

Be alert.

Be smart.

Keep reading and remember: #DownWithIsrael!

***

A/N

Another update! :) 

The picture is of one of the areas in Gaza. They're not allowed to rebuild their houses. 

What's your opinion on the media and the West?

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share! :)