1. The Email

1. The Email

"Friday, Adams!" the surly, short-tempered, plump man shot. "Or consider your position gone."

I tried very hard not to roll my eyes at the excuse of an editor in front of me. Pursing my lips, I replied, "Of course, sir."

The man gave me a curt nod, and I took it as my dismissal. With a flare of anger, I turned on my heels and walked out of his office. I couldn't wait for Mr Andrews, my actual boss, to get back. Whoever this man was, he made my blood boil.

"Oh my God," I muttered angrily and flopped down in my desk chair, "That man makes me crazy!"

"Tell me about it!" Anne Wilkes, my friend, and co-worker, groaned, rolling her chair over to my desk. "When does Andrews get back again, Jules?"

"Monday, hopefully," I replied, switching my laptop on.

It was Wednesday morning, I had just got to work, and I already had a two page spread for Friday on a topic I didn't even cover. I don't know who hired this stand-in editor but whoever it was, they were fools.

"What did he want?" Anne asked interestedly, pulling the folder the man gave me over to her.

"A two page spread on the shenanigans at the football match yesterday and how it implicates society," I answered grumpily.

"Soccer? You don't even write in that section!"

"I know!" I exclaimed. "I'll have to ask Josh or Matt about the match. I'm pretty sure one of them was meant to cover it."

"You didn't watch it?"

I sent her a deadpanned look. "Do I ever watch sport?"

"Fair point. Anyway, Josh always wants something in return. Matt is out on a story, so your only option is Josh!" Anne gave me a grin and rolled back to her desk while calling, "Good luck!"

I blew out an exasperated breath and muttered, "Thanks."

I opened up Google Chrome on my laptop and typed in The Townies vs Liverdam into the Google search bar. While the results loaded, I spun around in my chair and walked to the counter against the wall near my desk.

A few seconds later, I sat back down at my desk with a mug of coffee.

"Okaayy," I murmured, setting my mug down. "Let's see what went down last night."

I skimmed through some of the results.

Fan runs onto pitch and interrupts game!

Fanatic or Lunatic?

The Frownies vs Lividpool

Team Tempers Run Wild

Well. It seemed like two separate things happened at the game yesterday. But how can I write an article on something I didn't watch? It would be complete fiction. Well, semi-fiction. I'd be getting my facts and information from articles already written. With a sigh, I got up and walked over to a desk a couple away from mine.