My KIDDO

I want to reintroduce Nyx seeing as I never really properly did so

Uh rant story thing ahead

So a few of my fantasy characters are in the same world, just at different times so I want to start at the beginning:

The earth used to be empty. Just trees and plains and mountains but no noise. The gods at the time were Chaos and Order, born out of the Freedom of Nothing (big fat momma god). Chaos and Order had a little thing going and together they built life. Originally it was one lumpy, in-the-rough intelligent life form and several other more defined animals, but over time it was evident that the rough species was straying from unity.

The lifestyle of the two separate groups was changing the appearance and attitude of them. Group one had taken to the extremes, favouring the highest mountains and the deepest seas- group two had slunk into the forests and lounged on the plains. Right now they looked fairly similar, but soon they became almost entirely separate species; humans and dragons.

Group one decided to worship Chaos, and celebrate the free will they possessed. Group two had taken to a life of order and slowly made themselves suffer. Realising what a mess group two had gotten themselves into, they soon became envious of the Chaos-followers. The two waged war upon each other, Order's followers eventually won and imprisoned the people of Chaos. Later some would escape, and become famous legends who fought for life.

The treatment of the Chaos-followers had turned them into more of an animal than they already were, and whilst they had been living in the mountains and seas, they had grown wings.

And although the Order-followers were trapped in their own web of organisation, the people of Chaos gradually lost what they began with - god-made intelligence. Throughout the centuries they became more and more like the beasts of legend, with gnarled horns and black, emotionless eyes. The Order-followers did not change more than they already had, for they never needed it. Oh, how they craved for wings and Chaos to love them once again, but they had started the war of Humans and Dragons. So now they must suffer.

One day a being may be made of both Chaos and Order once again, and they shall be a child of Harmony. Perhaps they shall do what they must, and do a great good for the world. What the world once was is now unattainable, but prophecies are always bittersweet.

"Stopping death is not the same as peace, dragon-one," the sorceress grasped her hands together in a smooth motion, "I am not expecting you to do anything that will make our world a better place. You are merely preventing it from becoming worse."

Uh idk how to explain well but in the series of events Nyx is pretty close to the start like Marnira (the adoptive dragon mother) is the great-great-grandchild of the dragon escape leader. So yeah, this is why the dragons now are lot more "human" than the ones that Phillis deals with (yeah they're in the same universe just different times).