Manx

Freya was slightly lightheaded after her first kiss with Nathan.

She found herself wishing that this thing with Nathan had started out sooner. Kissing him reminded her of theme parks, especially with the adrenaline equivalent to that of being on a crazy roller coaster, his lips tasting like cotton candy sold at carnival food stops and suddenly, she felt like a young girl staring up at shiny new theme park rides with the danger and adrenaline that they could give pulling her closer and closer in. She didn't know that a kiss could feel this wild. Whatever it was, she wanted more with him. He was much more than she could ask for and she cursed herself for not letting this go far when he previously made advances.

She pulled away, sighing as she leaned her forehead against his. "Mon dieu," she murmured before opening her eyes to find them gazing into his blue and hazel eyes. This was the closest she'd ever been when looking into his orbs, and my god, were they dreamy. She could see specks of blue in his hazel eye and specks of brown in his blue one. They reminded her of galaxies in different colored filters.

"If you're going to start talking in French to me, I'll have to consider taking it up as a third language." He joked.

"What's your second language?"

"Bullshit." He grinned. "Learnt it from Kyle himself. He invented the language."

Freya rolled her eyes, turning away to enter the car. "That's a very bad joke, Nathan. Let's get out of here."

"Aye aye, ma'am," he replied, getting to the driver's seat. "Your apartment, yes?"

"Yes, obviously. I need to get home. I'm ready to drop dead on my bed." She strapped herself into the seat.

Nathan hoped she wouldn't actually fall asleep immediately once she got home. He glanced at his phone, where there was a text that flashed across the screen; Done.

He breathed a sigh of relief. That was good. He looked to Freya who seemed oblivious to the glow from his phone and he started driving. He checked the time; 7.23 in the evening. He had plenty of time to reach her apartment, but seeing that she was probably a little more tired than usual, he just hoped that she'd still enjoy what he'd planned without grouchiness in the way, just like how she was when she stayed up all night getting information about Hugo from a person she hired...

"Who did you get?" He asked curiously upon thinking back to that time.

"Who did I get for what?"

"You know... That time when you said you got someone to look into the transactions and everything about Hugo that night your date with him went wrong."

Her green eyes darkened at the mention of her ex-fiancé. "I got the Calligaris to do it. All they knew was that I was a member of my family and they did the favor. They've never met me whatsoever until today."

Nathan nodded, not wanting to continue on with the subject. He gave the silence a few minutes to take over before he could approach another lighter topic. "So how was Italy?"

Freya simply shrugged. "I haven't been there for a long time. I missed being there, and the shopping was terrific. Oh, I just remembered, while walking around with Max in Florence, I got you some things as well."

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows. "What are they?"

"I got you some shirts from Givenchy and Ralph Lauren striped sweaters. Oh, and I stopped by Hermés to get you a wallet and then I went to Ferragamo to get some new leather shoes for you and a new work suitcase, then I got two Breguet Classique watches because I couldn't decided which color would look better on you."