LaPerm

Freya found herself sitting on top of the tower again, sipping on her tea as she observed the workers at the vineyard and the horses being walked around for their daily exercise. It was relaxing to say the very least, and she enjoyed her time alone. As she watched, she heard the door on the floor of the tower open. She turned, finding Augustine peeking through it. He grinned boyishly and got up to the tower fully.

"What are you doing up here again?" He took a seat beside his sister. "You haven't even showered yet." He noted, nodding at the same nightwear she wore. This time, she was wearing her Carine Gilson robe over her dress so that she could cover up a bit.

"I'll take a shower in fifteen minutes. I'm just here for some time alone." She replied. "So, how are you?"

He quirked an eyebrow. "What do you mean? We've been around each other for two whole days, you should know how I am."

She chuckled. "No, I mean, are you okay?"

He shrugged. "I'm just glad to get away from classes. I mean, I enjoy economics as a minor, but sometimes when you're exposed to it for too long at school, you get sick of it. I wonder how Max and Père even managed to stand this long."

"It's Père's passion and Max enjoys doing it as well but you can see that it kind of wears him off. He doesn't take holidays, we both know that. Anything happening in school?"

"Nothing much. I mean, school's all good. My friends are great too." He responded simply.

She pursed her lips. "Then are you fine with Nonna making you marry Clara Belfiore? I mean, you're just 21, you've barely begun your adult life and haven't experienced New York at its finest. Don't you want to travel the world and stuff, like what Max did before he started working at the company? You can't actually be prepared for marriage, right?"

He shook his head, smirking slightly as he turned to Freya. "Do you honestly think anyone is actually prepared for it? It's a dive into a life where you wouldn't definitely know what would happen with someone you vow to spend your life with."

"But why would you do it now?"

His eyes became softer. "Well, it's lonely being at the top alone, isn't it?"

It was true. It was lonely and she had no one to share her experiences with. She was in a world where everyone was intimidated by her status, and she just wanted to be another face in the crowd for once.

"Nathan doesn't make you feel alone. Being the youngest in the family, I don't have much expectations to follow, and Clara... There's something about her that puts her above the rest, I'm serious. Luckily, she's someone among a crowd of girls Nonna had picked so that it would be a win-win. I don't mind marrying young, as long as I have a companion by my side after great distances."

She laughed, placing her hands on either side on his shoulders. She pulled him closer and leaned her head on his right shoulder. "Ah, you have your moments, Augustine Beauregard." She sighed, a small smile on her face.

"You have yours too, Freya Beauregard." He responded, chuckling.

[ c a t n i p ]

"Pay up boys, I win this round." Kyle snickered as he rubbed his hands together. "I'm killing it!" He howled before taking a swig at his beer bottle.