chapter 5 ✽becoming his girl

after the girls (by girls, I mean Sara, Ari and Ariel) texted me that they were outside, I grabbed my shoes, yelling goodbye to my mom. I was just about to open the front door when my sister latched herself onto my arm.

"are you going to see Mario?" was her immediate question.

"no comment" I said plainly.

"tell me! are the rest of the younow stars going to be there?" she almost pleaded.

"I have the right to remain silent" I insisted, frustrating her even more. I loved annoying her, I found it absolutely hilarious.

she rolled her eyes. "problem is, I'm not a police officer." she then called out towards the kitchen. "mom, Beth is being mean to me again."

"be nice to your sister, Bethany" my mom scolded me, popping her head out of the kitchen door.

"yes there will be younow stars. no you can't come with me. yes you are a bitch." I giggled when she gasped. "oops, it slipped out of my mouth."

"why does Sara get to come with you if I can't?" she protested. if you haven't noticed already, my sister is a complete fangirl.

"because she's my bestfriend and I actually like her. tell Dallas to text me cause I'm gonna need him to pick me up later today" I called out, running off without glancing back at her, not even once.

I walked out to find Ariel picking flowers on our lawn, Sara being chased by the neighbour's dog and Ari peering through the window into my brother's window.

"remind me again why I'm friends with you guys" I muttered, giggling at the same time.

"because we're amazing" Ariel said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I shook my head at their craziness. "let's just go."

"I agree, I want to get there as soon as possible so I can see my husband" came out of Sara's mouth.

"who is...?" Ari trailed off, wondering out loud.

"Sara, you're not married" I pointed out, just as confused as Ari.

"Weston koury, baby." Sara called out, catching the attention of strangers. she then added "no need to be so pessimistic, my friend. you need to have a positive outlook on life. good vibes only. stop trying to bring me down."

"oh and by the way guys, Zach is off limits too. we still have feelings for each other, even though we've told everyone that we've broken up" Ariel admitted.

"and Mario" I added, causing the three of them to 'oooh' and nudge me.

we all turned to Ari expectantly. she looked at us with fake innocence, pretending she didn't know what we were pushing her to spill out. "what?"

"well...?"

"fine. I like Beth's brother" she admitted, revealing her crush and turning bright red as she did so.

I burst into giggles, with Ariel and Sara soon following. "I could tell. you were drooling outside my brother's window earlier today. good news is, he's single." she began to cheer once I finished speaking. we filmed musical.lys for the rest of the journey- one for each of our accounts.