chapter 2 ✽plug socket girl

a week had passed, and I'd bought Vidcon tickets for Sara and I, just like I'd promised Mario- though I doubted he would remember me. over the week, I'd been watching a ton of Our Journey videos, and you could say I'd become slightly obsessed.

Sara and I were currently stood in front of the venue that Vidcon was taking place in, and I have to admit that this time round, I was just as excited as Sara.

though it was unlikely, my heart thumped out of my chest at the thought that he (or anyone from Our Journey) could possibly remember me. I took a deep breath before stepping into the world of video, otherwise known as Vidcon 2016.

believe me, I was glad to have met all of these other stars, but the real thing on my mind was Mario. oh god, I sound like such a fangirl.

"can we go and see Mario now? please lets go and see Mario now." I finally gave in, begging Sara and in turn making her laugh.

"someone's in love." she mumbled under her breath, and I nudged her jokingly, shouting "shut up Sara" at her.

"okay okay" she giggled, raising her hands in a surrendering motion.

we walked around trying to find the spot that Younow stars were meant to be in, and my eyes searched the crowd for Mario, just as many fangirls' and fanboys' also did. when my eyes finally landed on him, I noticed that he was also searching the crowd for someone.

"is plug socket girl here? please be here plug socket girl." he blurted into the microphone, confusing the crowd of supporters.

I suddenly squealed, my brain only just processing what Mario had said. I began to mutter to Sara and anyone that was around me.

"he remembers me."

"did you hear that Sara?"

"what is life?"

I grabbed a random girl's hand and held it to my chest, mumbling "I don't think I'm breathing right now. check if I'm breathing."

Mario locked eyes with me and grinned. "she's here. wait a second guys, I'll be right back" he laughed, speaking into the microphone once again. he disappeared for a minute or so, and in that time I only freaked out even more. he soon reappeared, and continued meeting fans and answering questions, but my mind was elsewhere so I wasn't really paying attention.

I noticed a security guard walk towards the side of the room that I was in, and moved out of the way so that I could give him some space to find whoever he was looking for.

"ma'am, please follow me." he said sternly, and I looked up to see him looking straight at me.

"are you speaking to me?" I whisper yelled, and he nodded. "yes ma'am."

"wh- why? have I done something wrong?" I stuttered, a little worried as to where and why he was taking me.

"don't take my bestfriend away. whatever you do, don't put her in jail. I can't live without her," Sara fake cried dramatically, stepping in-between me and the security guard.

he just stared down at us with his eyebrows raised. "no, Mario Selman has invited you backstage." he chuckled, and I breathed out in relief. he turned to Sara. "feel free to join your friend."

he lead us through a door and into a room with sofas and bean bags everywhere. there was also a tv on the wall, as well as a mini fridge in the corner. I'm guessing this is the room that all of the guests hang out in when backstage.

"he'll be here in half an hour at the latest, along with a bunch of the guests. the tv remote is over there, and the private wifi password is written on the piece of paper that's on the mini fridge. have fun," he chirped and walked out, leaving Sara and I on our own.

only twenty minutes later, noise just outside of the room increased, hinting that they were now here. one by one, they all walked in.

"hi again! Beth right?" Ariel greeted me and introduced me to Ariana. I also introduced the two of them (as well as everyone else) to Sara- though some remembered her from the meet and greet.

"hey.. there's something I wanna talk to you about" Mario whisper-yelled to me.

"in private?" I asked.

"yeah. lets go and speak in the other room, if that's fine with you?" he suggested, and I nodded. he lead me to the room, since I didn't know where it was, and I faintly heard Weston shouting "get some, Mario!" as I left the room, causing me to giggle to myself.

"you kept your promise" he smiled at me, and I grinned back. "I always keep my promises. what were you going to speak to me about?"

"would you be interested in a summer job?" he asked me, getting straight to the point.

"depends on what kind of job it is." I thought out loud.

he pretended to think for a few seconds. " ..maybe being my fake girlfriend for the summer?"

"what?" I barely chocked out. did he just ask me to be his fake girlfriend, or am I going completely insane?

he tried to hold in his laughter as he watched my reaction. "to boost my publicity and media coverage. in return, you get some extra cash to spend over the summer and become popular on social media. you also gain a really hot and funny friend.. who is me," he joked. "plus, it'll be fun. kinda like a prank on everyone. we'll push our acting skills to the limit."

"well at least I won't be bored this summer." I shrugged.

"so is that a yes? just between you and me. no one else knows. no feelings, no jealousy and definitely no falling in love- just a fake relationship."

"deal. let's go inside and tell the others that you just asked me on a date."

"smart thinking plug socket girl."

"stop calling me that," I groaned.

he pointed his tongue out at me. "never."