chapter 4 ✽fake a date

I was woken up by the sound of my phone ringing, and turn on the lock screen to see that I had 24 missed calls, all from Mario- causing me to internally scream. he'd saved his contact as 'my husband', followed by a million love hearts, and I hadn't bothered to change it- I'd also thought it was pretty cute. the calls weren't all, I also had a ton of messages, some of which were:

my husband💓💓💓💓💓💓💓: I'll be over in 10 minutes

my husband💓💓💓💓💓💓💓: get ready babygirl

my husband💓💓💓💓💓💓💓: I'm taking you on a 'date'

my husband💓💓💓💓💓💓💓: I'm coming

they were sent 20 minutes ago. I quickly typed out a message and sent it to him.

me: I literally woke up 2 minutes ago

he was quick to reply, though I didn't bother to reply:

my husband💓💓💓💓💓💓💓: so what

I quickly went downstairs to eat some breakfast and let my mom that I'd be going out later today with Mario before I got dressed.

"good morning guyssss," I yelled at the top of my voice, eyes shut. it wasn't specifically directed at anyone- but rather to whomever was in the house at the moment.

"good morning to you too, cutie."

I opened my eyes to see Mario sat at the kitchen counter..

..eating pancakes

..with my mom and sister.

"how did you get in here?" I asked, mouth agape. I didn't think he'd actually be here.

"where are your manners, Beth? don't worry, Mario has already told me everything," she smiled. what's going on? my mom never smiles.

"I think we need to talk," I muttered as a dragged Mario by the arm to the other room. "what the hell is going on?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"I may have.. um, accidentally told your mom that we're um.. dating," he trailed off.

"you what?"

"oh come on, she loves me. and by the way, all of my supporters seem to be loving you already," he desperately tried to change the conversation.

"they won't be when we tell them that we're dating," I mumbled, low enough that he wouldn't hear me. I know I'm going to get hate for being Mario's 'girlfriend', but I'm really not ready for it. I shrugged off the thought and lifted my chin to look at Mario. "anyway, what's the plan for today?"

"why don't we go to the mall, where we first met?" he suggested.

"sure," I agreed. "I need to pick up a few orders from there anyway."

"alright then, we'll leave in two minutes," Mario simply said.

"excuse me? I haven't ate yet," I sassed. "I'm not going anywhere until I've had my pancakes."

"oh yeah, my bad," he laughed.

we walked back in and sat down at the kitchen bar again, and I grabbed a plate of pancakes while Mario finished his off. "mom, he's lying. I'm not his girlfriend!" I immediately shouted when I walked back into the kitchen.