Nightmare

"How can I sleep if I don't have dreams?
I just have nightmares
How can it be?
I still believe something is out there"

Staying up - The neighbourhood

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
{Trigger warning: abuse and slight gore}

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The room was entirely pitch-black, he could barerly see his hand that was resting on the old wooden chair he was sat in.
Why was he sitting there on the uncomfortable chair? Why was the darkness so complete around him? He had woken up just seconds ago.

The dizziness from the sleep started to wear of, and he started to focus on his surrounding. The brunette male was sitting in a dark room, possibly a basement since there was water dripping from the ceiling, it could be underneath a bathroom, the boy thought.

He tried standing up, but after doing so he realised that he couldn't. He looked down at his hands and legs, and it felt like his stomach dropped.
He was tied up with a thick, coarse rope, tied tightly around his wrists and ankles, making it impossible to move.

Panic started to evolve within him as he struggled to get loose from the rope. A pain grew in his chest as the perturbation grew bigger, his breaths got quicker and heavier, sweat started forming on his forehead.

To his surprise, a door - that he hadn't noticed - suddenly opened and out stepped a familiar face. His eyes widened and he exhaled in relief; it was Jaebum.

Because of the intense darkness, Jaebum hadn't yet discovered the younger male, sitting in a chair all tied up, but he walked in hesitantly and scanned the room.

"Youngjae?" He called out, still searching through the black room.
"Thank god, Jaebum i'm here!" Said Youngjae in a whisper but it was still somehow a scream.
Youngjae heard Jaebum sigh as he walked - or jogged - up the the worn-out chair the younger male was sat on.

As Jaebum reached Youngjae, he grabbed his shoulders and kissed him on the mouth, hard but quickly.
"Thank god, I found you. Don't ever dissapear ever again, I was worried sick."

"Jaebum," said Youngjae, the air in the room was thick, it felt hard to breathe. "Where am I?"

"It's okay sunshine, he's not gonna get to you, i'll protect you I promise."
Jaebum didn't really answer the question but still it put Youngjae at some kind of ease.

Jaebum was still struggling with the skratchy rope, he let out a groan since it was so hard to get it loose, he seemed very tense, Youngjae thought, but he didn't want to pay much attention to it.

Youngjae heard steps, loud and heavy, they got closer and the panic that he already had grew even larger, he felt like he'd faint any moment. Jaebum also seemed to notice because his hands were shaking and he was mumbling: 'it's okay, okay, he's not going to hurt you, it's okay.' It sounded like he was trying to comfort himself at the same time as trying to comfort Youngjae.

It didn't help.

The footstep's noise got louder each second, Youngjae knew, when the footsteps stopped, the frightening person was outside the door.

He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down and just then, as if on a cue, the door rammed open, and Youngjae stopped breathing but Jaebum was still shaking, muttering, and fiddling with the rope.
In the doorframe stood a man, big, I as he stepped further into the room, Youngjae could finally see how he looked.