Questions and answers

"So, so, I'll probably take you aside
And tell you what's on my mind"

Prey - The neighbourhood

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

After an entire month, they still met there, at the field, every saturday. They didn't even have to ask each other any more. Because they knew. Every saturday at 12 pm. The weather never mattered either, it could be a snow storm and still they would be there, doing whatever, they just wanted each other's company.

And today they were there, as usual. Mid - october in a windy weather. The leaves from they oak was falling off and the tree was half naked. You could - for a change - see how they tree looked underneath the cover of leaves. It was still a lovely tree.

Jaebum's hair was blowing in the strong wind. He had put his hoodie up but it only flew of. Youngjae had put his hat on but it too, flew away, he had to run after it so it wouldn't dissapear into the forest.

"Should we go in?" Jaebum asked, well, more like screamed becuase of the loud noise the wind was making.

Youngjae looked almost offended. He didn't want to leave his tree and he certainly did not want to leave Jaebum.

Youngjae looked at Jaebum.
He had the blanket they had brought wrapped closely around him, but somehow he still seemed to be cold.
Jaebum hadn't really dressed for the weather. Therefore; he was freezing.

Youngjae considered leaving then, when he saw how Jaebum was freezing.

"Okay," Youngjae said, "in a bit."

After a mere minutes of sitting quietly under the oak, they collected their things, and started leaving.

The walk home from the field, on the narrow path, was as uneventful as it always was. But the silence was never awkward or tense anymore, they just walked through the forest in a pleasing silence.
But not this time.

"What do we do now?" Jaebum asked, trying to avoid tripping over stones and roots.

"Should we..." Youngjae hesitated to continue his sentence. He didn't plan to say it, his voice spoke on it's own.

"Should we go to my apartment?" Youngjae said hastily. "It's close."

His apartment. Finally. For more than a month Jaebum has been trying to to something else, go somewhere else with Youngjae, but he always refused. Saying 'I don't want to' and such. But now he wanted to.
Jaebum forgot to breathe for just a second.

"Okay," Jaebum said, "let's go then."

• • •

Youngjae's apartment was bigger than his own. The livingroom and bedroom was seperated and the bathroom was wider than 3 metres; Which was utterly alien to Jaebum.

As they entered the apartment, Youngjae dropped all of his out door clothes in the hall. He then went to the kitchen and dropped all of the stuff that they had brought to the field.

Jaebum stood awkwardly in the hall and watched as Youngjae walked around doing whatever - Jaebum didn't pay attention.
Youngjae noticed him standing in the hall with his hands behind his back, like a kid who lost his mother (but without the crying).

"Make yourself at home." Youngjae said, trying to lessen Jaebum's obvious nervosity.

"Do you want some cof- tea?"