Prologue

Y/N Character Description:

Y/N Thornton. 20. Born in Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

Moved to L.A, because she always dreamed of living in that city.

YouTuber / Singer - Songwriter.

Long Curly Brown hair and blue eyes.

Prologue

Y/N smiled as she finally finished uploading her newest video onto YouTube. She usually uploads a video once a week and has a decent amount of supportive subscribers, but this time Y/N was nervous about the response her newest video would get. Because this time instead of uploading a video of herself doing some challenge or singing a cover, she upload a video of her singing an original song. She had written that song a few weeks back after having broken up with her ex girlfriend and after playing around with the lyrics for a bit, Y/N had a finished product that she was proud of. The only thing is that yes she thought her song was good, but would anyone else think the same?

Shaking her head and closing her laptop Y/N got up and stretched her arms above her head.

"Almost time for work." Y/N mumbled as she glanced at the time then went and got ready to start her workday.

-

"Just a chocolate milkshake?" Y/N asked as she scribbled the customer's order onto her notepad. After seeing the customer nod Y/N hurried off into the kitchen of the small cafe she was employed at, and stuck the note with the customer's order on a cork board in front of the cook's station.

While waiting for the orders to be completed and seeing that there weren't any customers that needed attending at the moment Y/N decided to quickly pull out her phone and check her Twitter. Y/N blinked in surprise when she saw a large amount of tweets directed at her about how much people enjoyed her song that she just posted. Y/N grinned to herself while scrolling through all the tweets but soon looked up in shock when she heard a crash. When she looked up she saw that a little boy just accidentally bumped his cup off the table, spilling his juice everywhere.

Shoving her phone into her back pocket Y/N grabbed a rag and hurried over to the table to clean up the mess.

-

"So what do you girls think?" Simon chuckled as all five girls of Fifth Harmony started excitedly talking all at once, making it hard to understand any of them. "Okay, okay calm down. One at a time."

"Wow! She's amazinnnng!" The shortest of the group chirped out first.

"Yeah, I agree she's talented." Normani agreed while nodding her head.

"Can we replay the song? It was soo good." Dinah spoke out.

"I agree with Dinah. I love the song!" Lauren agreed.

"She looks like she smells nice."

The other four girls looked at Camila like she had just grown an extra head.

"What the heck Mila?" Dinah asked making a face clearly showing that she was weirded out by Camila's comment.

Camila shrugged. "What? You're telling me you don't think she smells nice?"

Simon cleared his throat to gather all of the girls' attention again. "So back to my question, do you think I should contact her and see if she wants to sign at Syco Records?"

"Yeah!" All five girls said as if it were obvious.

-

"Oh man," Y/N groaned as she threw herself on her bed. "Today was a looong day."

After cleaning up the mess the little boy made, one of the other waitresses called in sick and Y/N had to cover her shift and was the only waitress working at the little cafe that day. Customer after customer came pouring in and Y/N had to run around trying to keep them all satisfied.

Just when Y/N was about to close her eyes and finally sleep after a long day, her phone rang.

"Urgh," Y/N grunted as she reached for the phone in her back pocket.

"Hello?" Y/N asked without even opening her eyes.

"Is this Y/N Thornton?"

"Yes this is her."

"Ok great, pardon my late call but I just really wanted to contact you immediately before any other company could."

"Okaaay...?" Y/N opened her eyes and lifted an eyebrow, confused.

"Oh right, I should probably introduce myself." The man on the other side of the line chuckled. "My name is Simon Cowell and I want to sign you to Syco Records."

Y/N eyes widen in surprise as she dropped her phone. "No fucking way."

QUESTIONS:

Should I continue with this? What celebrities would you like to see in this fic? What POV do you all prefer? Should I make Y/N g!p or nah? Who should I make as Y/N's ex?

Please comment and let me know what you want to see in this fic and I'll definitely try my best to include your ideas into the story. I want to try and make this a fic that many people can enjoy.

I hope you all enjoyed the prologue. Have an awesome day!

Not proofread. 

P.S. The song that you wrote in this fic is linked above. It is a song called "Breathe" by the band Years & Years. It's a good song, you all should give it a listen! I really like the band Years & Years and that song!

- A