One

This is the sequel to Keep Me Alive, if you haven't already, I suggest you read that first or it won't make much sense :)

Enjoy!

3 Months Later

Life so far has been  stressful. Mostly the paying bills part. Lauren had practically lived alone her entire life, but she never had to worry about bills.

She takes another sip of the scotch in front of her, before shuffling through the papers. Electric, Water, and College loan bills.

Running her fingers through her unwashed hair, she groans. The few accounting classes she took barely prepared her for adult life. Payments upon payments. She and Julia barely had any money left for themselves. The only reason they could afford a decent apartment was because of the money Julia's parents lent them when they left.

Blinking rapidly because of the stinging sensation that presented itself in her tired eyes, Lauren leans back on the uncomfortable wooden chair. Rolling up her sleeves,  she gently traces her arm. It was stressful times like these, Lauren wish to so badly feel that same sting there. Except it would only last a few seconds, followed by hours of complete bliss.

But she's been clean for years. Something she couldn't have done without Julia. The girl had been with her through everything. From the time she almost relapsed, to the day she came out, to now. All they basically had was each other. And that was enough. It had to.

"You're cute when you're deep in thought." Julia's soft voice echoes throughout the kitchen. She giggles quietly before wrapping her arms around Lauren's neck, and resting her head on the Cuban's firm shoulders. "Only because I was thinking of you." Lauren banters, cracking a smile. Julia rolls her eyes, taking a seat on Lauren's lap. "What do you say we go out tonight?"

"Tonight?" Lauren raises an eyebrow. "I don't know...do we even have going out money?"

"Lauren, we haven't done anything remotely exciting since we've moved here. Once won't hurt. Let's go to a club!" Julia stands, clapping her hands together. "A club?" Lauren raises an eyebrow. "Yes! We'll have a couple drinks, do a little dancing. Come on! It will help us relax." The Cuban ponders for a few seconds, "I guess one night wouldn't be too bad." Julia squeals, before running upstairs to change, leaving Lauren with the biggest grin on her face.

2 hours later, after four outfit changes, and the constant questioning of their decision to leave the apartment, the pair finds themselves at vibrant lounge in downtown LA.

It was definitely more than just a club.

First of, the building was enormous, filled will all kinds of people and activities. Karaoke, drinking, dancing, games even. It was like a play palace for adults.

The couple does almost all of the available activities. From playing air hockey, to taking body shots off strangers. Indeed, Lauren's stress was reduced, just like Julia suggested. In this very moment, Lauren feels nothing but pure bliss. A feeling she's missed, craved for, for years. It's as if the entire world except for her is in slow motion, as if she's never felt anything besides happiness. Like an explosion of pure joy running through her body. She can physically feel the contentment, and she absolutely loves it.