Lauren

Warning: mention of drugs

Kicking and screaming.

Lauren was forced out of the comfort of her own home for the second time.

Kicking her parents, siblings, as well as the two men in blue polo shirts and Khakis.

Screaming at them and everyone who stopped to observe.

"Get your hands off me!" She squirms in their rough arms. The same exact words she spat at her parents when they dragged her away from Camila's front door.

Except this time, they weren't moving.

This time, for some odd reason, Lauren's parents actually decided to get her some help. Granted, it was a year late, but they did.

Although Lauren wasn't so sure she wanted help.

"I'm not going to rehab," she struggles, but before she knew it, they've already thrown her into the car and are a block away from her new house.

An hour later, the car stops in front of a one story brick building located in the middle of nowhere.

Once inside, she is met by an older woman who greets her patiently.  She walks her to the sign in area, where Lauren is asked to write down her name as well as a list of people she wished to have involvement in her treatment.

She only leaves her name.

The lady smiles a wide, obviously annoyed grin before immediately showing her to the inspection room only a few feet away. Where another woman examines her bag. It was already prepared when the men came for her. She had suspicions that her parents were planning something like this, so she packed a bag full of clothes, snacks, a toothbrush, and of course heroin.

It was the bag she planned to take with her when she left home. She had it all figured out: first, Lauren would take as much money from her parents as she could, hop on the next train back to Philadelphia, show up at Camila's house, and life would be fine again. She was going to get a job and help Sinu out with the bills. That was tonight, she was going to runaway tonight.

But instead she finds herself at someplace named Clear Oak Rehabilitation Center.

"What's this?" The worker with red hair asks, pulling out a small plastic bag with with powder inside. Lauren laughs. "We're in an addiction facility, what the hell do you think it is?" She hisses, and if it weren't for the amount of people outside the room, she would have grabbed the drug and made a run for it. The ginger is obviously taken aback, but ignores Lauren's sarcastic response. "Ok," she breathes, zipping up the bag again, "everything else looks fine."

She's handed back to the lady from before, who's name she finds out is Janet, and is quickly shown to her room. "Here is where you will be staying," Janet states. "Since you've arrived fairly late, you're free to look around. We will start fresh tomorrow." There was that smile again. Lauren doesn't say anything back, so Janet leaves a few seconds later.

She stands at the door way for what feels like forever. She would have stayed there all night if it weren't for the sound of annoyed throat clearing behind her.

"So are you gonna go in, or what?" The voice asks. It's very soft and pleasing to the ears. The type that would be great to fall asleep to. After a few seconds without a response, the owner of the melodic voice pushes past Lauren.

A brunette, tan skinned female. She turns to look at Lauren, who is already blatantly staring at her. "What?" The freckles on her cheeks jump along with the question. "Are you mute, or something?" She asks carefully, taking Lauren's suitcase and placing it on the only empty bed, reaching for Lauren herself and softly pulling her inside.