26

(Tori's Pov)

"How about we get back to dads now, he's probably worrying about us." Joe says putting the holder on his coffee and standing up from the Starbucks table. Zoe, Dan and I do the same and begin to head out to the car.

The ride was short and we sang along to the Christmas tunes, not a care in the world. What made the mood even better was the tiny snowflakes twirling down from the sky.

We drove into the lot and I saw my dad peek out his window, which he's never done before. He looked frazzled so I quickly gathered my things to go inside. Zoe was the first one in and slipped off her shoes and coat in the mud room.

"Dad? We're back!" Zoe shouts and my dad comes into the doorway and his eyes widen as he looks around at all of us.

"W-who are they? ZOE GET THEM OUT I DON'T KNOW THEM GET THEM OUT!" He shouts pointing to us.

"Dad it's me jo-"

"IM NOT YOUR DAD! WHO ARE YOU?!" Dad shouts walking towards Joe. Zoe holds him back and shushes him.

"Dad these are my friends I invited them over for dinner, remember I told you?" She says and he calms down and looks at her.

"Oh of course. I'm sorry, I made pasta come right in." He says moving out of the way to let us through. I look to Dan and he just shakes his head and leads me towards the dining room.

The dinner was silent and awkward. Occasionally dad would ask what we do for a living or other stupid questions like that. Sometimes he would even repeat the question. When I finished my dinner I was the first one to leave. I hurried up the stairs and into my room, closing the door behind me.

I feel my chest tighten and I begin to sob into my hands. I sit down on my bed and bring my knees to my face. I cry into my leggings then feel a hand on my back. I look up to see Dan there, his face blank.

"W-why doesn't he remember us?" I ask him and he just looks down. He wraps his arm around me, putting my face into his chest. He combs through my hair for what felt like forever.

"STOP!" I hear from downstairs, taking me out from my daze. I stand up quickly and sprint down the stairs, Dan on my heels.

"DAD STOP!" Zoe yells before I see Joe punch my dad in the face. I run over to his unconscious body then look up at Zoe.

"What the hell happened?" I yell through tears, holding my dads chest.

"H-he started attacking me." Zoe says, shaking lightly.

"C-c-call 9-999." I stutter looking down at my dads face. His face was lifeless and pale. No dimension or curve. His eyes open and he stares up at me. He holds my hand and I give him a small reassuring smile.

"Everything will be ok dad." I say and watch as he starts moving his mouth around aimlessly, moving his jaw. "Are you trying to say something?" I ask but he just continues on.

"Aaaaahhhh." He holds out. He starts getting frustrated so I shush him.

"It's ok dad. Don't speak." I tell him before hearing sirens in the distance. The paramedics run in and place my dad onto the gurney. Everybody was silent as the ambulance rode away.

"Me and dan will take one car, you and joe take the other." I say quietly to Zoe, who nods then walks slowly out. Dan slips my coat onto my body and wraps an arm around my shoulder. He leads me out to his car and opens the passenger door for me.

The ride was silent, dan focusing on the rode and me not focusing on anything. My mind was a whirlwind of confusion and guilt. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that maybe my dad was really sick.

"We're here." Dan says. I turn to him and nod before stepping out of the car. He comes next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders, and I wrap mine around his waist, snuggling into his chest. We walk synchronized up to the front desk where a women sat. She looked up at us and let off a smile.

"Graham Sugg" I say shakily. The women types his name into the computer then looks up at Dan and I.

"He's currently in emergency. You can wait in the waiting room until they set him up with a room and we'll send someone to inform you when." She says slowly. I nod and begin walking towards the seating area.

"Thank you." I hear dan say to her from behind me. Dan and I sit down in the empty waiting room. I snuggle into his chest and take a deep breath in.

"He'll be fine Tor." Dan sighs, but I don't respond.

How does he know, how does anybody know.