Chapter 2

The pain was unbearable. There was a slow, sharp, strange feeling on my legs. I opened my eyes and looked around. For a moment I thought I was dying. Until I saw it, the strange man I accidentally ran over. I quickly tug on my seatbelt, screaming for help. "Please!!!Anyone?!I need help!" I screamed with my weak and straining voice.

I eventually broke loose and climbed out my broken window, hoping someone had noticed me. I fell to the ground and layed there for a moment. "Was I dreaming?Was it a hallucination?", I thought. I remember what I saw... But I just couldn't believe my own eyes. I saw the old man across the field of dead trees, sticky moss, and puddles. "Sir are you okay?!?!", I said while rushing over to him. I fell to my knees while shaking his shoulder, trying to get a response. No words or movements.

I was going to med school next year to become the best doctor at Grace memorial Hospital. Therefore I decided it would be good if I could just prove my work ethic in person. I had to start CPR. I turned him to his side and screamed. Confused with all that had happened I was overwhelmed with emotions. I was scared and confused but most of all, I was worried.

His face was rotted with one eye missing and nasty brown teeth. I slowly backed up hoping he wouldn't touch me. I couldn't take it. I crawled to a tree and vomited. Slowly my vision faded into darkness. "Is this what I think it is", was the only thing that went through my mind.