Chapter 7 ~ UNKNOWN

"Wake up!"

The girl found herself sitting in a dark room with bright glowing lights surrounding her and only one spotlight on her.

"Are you awake, girl?"

She groaned. "Who are you?" Squinting, the girl's eyes eyes hurt from the blinking lights.

The figure circled her, hands behind the back. "Good, good. I see that your injuries have started to heal."

She coughed at the dry phlegm clogging her throat. "Injuries? Ouch." She stretched her hand toward the middle of her back, where a long groove scarred. "What happened to me?"

"That was what we wanted to ask you," the figure said as the man stepped into the warm spotlight. His voice was deep, but he stood small and slightly overweight with a thin mustache and a mass of hair atop his head.

"What happened to me?" She asked. "Where am I? Who am I?"

Furrowing his eyebrows, the man answered, "We don't know what happened to you. You arrived at the front of Eden's gates the night before with that bloody gauge on your back. You are now safe and healed in our medical ward. As for who you are...that's for you to find out."

He entered the spotlight surrounding her. "How do you feel?" The man asked, his hair peppered with grey, half of his face shrouded in a dull mask, his eyes covered by tinted glasses. The man poked at her spine.

Her body answered for her. Her back seized, and the girl collapsed back onto the bed. Nurses rushed in, carrying the glowing lights to her face, fussing over her like she was a babe. The man simply snapped his gloves back on and proceeded to probe further on her spine.

She screamed at the pain, at the chaos around her, at the misty cloud in her mind; and she exploded.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚▽゚*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
Ooh, another character popping up?
What do you think is going to happen? How will all the characters tie in?
Tell me what you think in the comments and show me you like this story by clicking on that winking star 😜