Chapter Two

• Dedicated to Kristen Stewart

 Bella's POV

    No. Edward. Could. Not. Be. A. Baby. But he was. My Edward was a small, helpless infant. I took him from Rosalie and rocked him back and forth. Esme would be crying, if she could. Edward woke up and giggled. I smiled at him. He traced my facial features with his soft, warm little finger.

    Warm. It was warm. He was human. I remembered when he had taken care of me and protected me when I was human. I had to do the same for him. I glanced at Carlisle, who was watching my every breath. 

    "He will grow up, Bella. As you can see, he is human. He will become a vampire again when he reaches the age of seventeen. He's forgotten about you," Carlisle told me. Rose patted my back before walking over to Emmett. He took her hand and they sat down along with Alice and Jasper.

    Edward started to cry. "What's wrong, baby?" I asked, instantly panicking. Edward opened his mouth and screamed. "He's teething," Carlisle said grimly. Edward wailed louder. Rose, Alice, and I brought him to the kitchen. Em and Jazz followed. "Nice, Eddie. Finally got the ladies chasing after you," Emmett said. Edward only cried harder, his tears melting my heart.

    Rosalie hit Em on the back of his head. "Idiot," she muttered. Emmett laughed. Esme rushed in with a teething ring. She put it in Edward's mouth and he stopped sobbing. Edward smiled and fell asleep. I handed him to Emmett. "Do NOT do anything to him, Em. I'll be back in a minute," I promised as Emmett walked into the living room, holding my husband. 

    I  raced to the car and drove to the mall. I walked into the crowded baby store. I bought a blue crib, toys, a green blanket, a high chair, baby food, lots of baby clothes, and some other things. I checked out and drove home as fast as I could. Edward would be proud of my speed.

    I burst through the door. Emmett was nowhere to be found. Niether was Edward. I looked at Rose who was on the couch, smiling. "Upstairs," she said to my silent question. I set the things down and went upstairs. In Edward's room, Emmett was playing with Edward. Edward seemed to have grown to be about four years old. He still had his bronze hair, but his skin was not the pale tone we vampires had. Edward's eyes were a bright green, full of excitement and adventure. Emmett was 'running' away from Edward, letting him catch him. "Edward!" I called. Edward ran over to me. Emmett came as well. "He's fun as a kid. And cute. See ya, little sis," Emmett breathed, walking out the door. 

    I knelt next to Edward. "Do you remember me?" I asked hopefully. Edward nodded. "You're my big sister," he said happily. My dead heart sank. I knew he wouldn't remember me until he's seventeen, but I thought...maybe...No I didn't truly think he would remember me, the person who he had loved with all of his heart and soul, his soul mate, his wife.

    I hugged his small body and kissed his cheek. Sensing the disappointment in my gestures, a tear rolled down his cheek. I wiped it away. "Don't be sad. It's my problem, not yours," I said. Edward nodded, giving me a crooked grin. It was the charming smile I had loved when he was a vampire, but on this childish face, it only broke my heart even more. 

Okay, I know that was short, but I needed it to be done so I could get the next chapter out. Just so everyone knows, this story was going to be in the Watty Awards, but nobody voted, so I didn't make it. I won't upload if I don't get any comments, votes, or fans. Don't count on me uploading till next week because I have no motivation whatsoever. If nobody comments, votes, or fans me in two weeks, I will delete this story because no comments, votes, or fans mean this is a bad story. Thanks to cittycait. You're the only reason I uploaded in the first place. Comment, vote, and fan please because it is actually fun to write this story. Also, the pic is of Bella holding Edward, not Renesmee, I decided to pretend that Bella was never pregnant. Okay, I'll shut up now and wait for people to comment, vote, and fan like I asked so very nicely.