Chapter One

Chapter One: A Very Early Christmas

December 12th, 2015

Demi's Point of View

"Time to wake up! Time to wake up! Time to wake up!" The alarm on my phone screams at me. I groan and roll onto my side, grabbing my phone off of the nightstand. I drag my finger across the screen, shutting the alarm off. Today is December 12th and I'm in Dallas, Texas at my mom and step-dad's house. I am going to visit an all girls orphanage as an early Christmas present. Plus, Dallas, Maddie, and I are donating all our old toys and dress up clothes to the girls.

I feel tiny feet stepping on top of my leg. I look down to see my puppy, Batman. He lies down and snuggles next to me, pressing our noses together.

 He lies down and snuggles next to me, pressing our noses together

"Good morning, little baby." I whisper, kissing his wet nose. Batman sticks out his tongue and gives my nose a soft lick. I giggle. I gently pet him behind his ear. "Ready to visit the kids at the orphanage? They're so excited."

I slowly sit up and stretch. "Come, Batman. Let's get you some food." I swing my legs over the side of the bed and push my feet into my bunny slippers. I pick Batman up and walk downstairs. After feeding Batman, I go take a shower and throw on a black shirt with lipstick print, black skinny jeans, black high heels, a black jacket with white stripes, and my black glasses.

 After feeding Batman, I go take a shower and throw on a black shirt with lipstick print, black skinny jeans, black high heels, a black jacket with white stripes, and my black glasses

I stand in front of the mirror, brush my short black hair, and apply some red lipstick. I hear a knock at my door. "Demi?" A familiar voice calls me. "Come in, Maddie." I respond.

The door opens, revealing Maddie, still in her pajamas.

"Hey, baby girl." I smile. "What's up?"

"Mom says breakfast will be ready five minutes." She informs me. I nod. "Okay, tell her I'll be right down." Maddie skips downstairs and I apply some eyeliner. I walk downstairs and my mom, Maddie, Dallas, and Eddie are seated at the table.