Its None of my Business But..

Naomi Charles

Jacob hit me up out of no where. I can't explain how happy I was to see his name flash across my phone screen last night. Even though he was acting funny at the party, I knew he'd come through.

We haven't really spoke since the day we broke up. Yes we used to date! I leave him hints all the time. I'm pretty sure he knows my feelings for him hasn't gone anywhere. I didn't think he'd ever get over what happen between us.. and adding fuel to the fire I told my used to be best friend even though he told me not to tell anyone, but every girl vents to their best friend. It wasn't like I had anyone else to talk to. He act like it was going to ruin him.

Anyways, it was Wednesday and boy was I happy. Ever since that call last night, I've been nothing but happy.  Jacob asked me to meet him by his car at the end of the day, which seemed like it couldn't get here quick enough.

I was sitting in my last period of the day wondering what Jacob actually wanted. For him to text me all out of the blue after not having a civil conversation with me in years was all suspect. But of course I wasn't complaining.

Just a little curious.

The bell rung releasing us from the hell hole called school. I skipped on to my locker, stuffing everything in there because I never do homework anyways. Once I closed my locker, I saw Aviana and her little friend walk past.  I never grew fond to either of them, but I don't really care. I'm Naomi. These hoes longed for me to give them attention. I just didn't have their type  of time.

I spotted Jay standing behind his car talking to some chick. I couldn't tell who she was but she wasn't cute.   After getting a little closer, I still couldn't tell who she was. Must've been a nobody if I didn't know her.

He said something to her that I couldn't make out. She then, turned around and looked at me, then left.

"Hey girl." He extended his arms out for a hug. I smiled after giving in. He smelled so good. It brought back plenty memories.

"It's been a while, I figured you'd give in though."  He raised his brow then shook his head.
"Come on, let's ride." He threw on some black shades.

Sitting in the passenger seat of his car brought back many memories. It felt as though everything was flashing before my eyes. I looked over at Jacob. All I could do was smile. This boy was something..

When we stopped at the shop light I watched him pick up his phone and laugh.

"What's funny?" I asked out of curiosity.
He showed me a set of text messages but he covered up the name so I couldn't tell who it was.

"Wow really Jay??"
"Out of all people.. your ex?"
"You're a true goof ball.."
"we need to talk asap."

Aw, a hating hoe. I mean I was used to it. People always hated on me because my pockets were never empty. Plus, I could pull any nigga I wanted to. Then, to put the icing on the cake, I was bad as hell. I knew some who'd kill to be like me.

"Who's that?"
He put his phone in his lap. "Not anyone important."
"Let me guess, one of your little hoes?" I giggled.
"She's not a-" He let out a sigh. "Something like that. I don't want to talk about her-them. I wanna talk about you. How you been?" 
"Ah, you know me.." I shrugged and smirked.
He didn't respond.

I sat in the seat, playing with my fingers and thinking to myself. When Jacob texted me yesterday he told me he wanted to talk to me and I couldn't think what we possibly needed to talk about.