Relax Mami..

Jacob Perez

Once I stopped at the stop light, I turned to Zoey, watching her find something on the radio. She turned the radio up while some song by Chief Keef blared through the speakers. I scrunched my face up and she laughed. I watched her so called turn up in her seat.

As the light turned green, I turned the volume down.  I can't stand Chief Keef.
She frowned her face.

I turned it to a different radio station and All Day by Kanye came on.

"Ugh, you're no fun." She whined.
I chuckled and shook my head.

It was silent for a while. I'm pretty sure she was still mopping about the song selection, but she'll get over it.

I pulled up to FroZone and we waited in the drive thru line. We would go in, but I'm pretty sure there were students from our school in there.

No one knows about us. We don't even date, to be honest. It's not like she didn't understand. We were, actually, on the same page about the situation.

It would mess up both of our reputations, her being the smart volleyball player, and me, being the ladies man, and we didn't want that.

We've never even had a deep conversation about us, but then again, there's nothing to it.

I wouldn't call us fuck buddies, but something damn near to it.

We do stuff together. We hang out and stuff. There's just no strings attached. You could call it friends with benefits but nothing past then.

It's not like we actually care what people would say if we dated, it's just– we don't have that type of connection.

We shared a sexual chemistry and nothing more.

Since our first time, there was always something there. That's why she's  the only one I mess with now. Don't get me wrong, before Zoey, I messed with a lot of females, but I never felt the way I feel with her.

It was like I craved for her. Something about it just left me hungry for more and I think we both felt the same way. That's why we're in the state that we're in now.

I swear, after our first time, I felt like I needed her, literally.

I remember walking past her in the hallway that very next day while putting away my things for lunch. I got this tingle when she looked at me which, was weird. No female ever had me feeling the way I was.

She was talking to some chic by her locker. It was the same chic from the night before that talked her into riding with me.

I would've texted her to meet me somewhere, but I didn't have her number.

I played around in my locker waiting on the girl to leave. She finally walked into the bathroom.

I approached her. She looked at me and I looked at her.

"Uhm," I started to rub my neck. " I didn't get your number last night."

She shook her head and smiled " Uhm, right. How about I give it to you? Uhm," she chuckled. " How about I give you my number?"

I chuckled and slipped my phone out my pocket. I typed in my code and waited for her to speak.

She gave it to me and I saved it. She smiled at me. "See you later?" I nodded.
I backed away and set out for lunch.

-
It's had been 2 hours since we got out of school. I was debating on if I should text her or not. I wanted to, but I thought that it would be weird considering the things that happened last night.