His Baby Girl

Zoey Kingsley

I told my mom that I was spending my Saturday at Avi's, when really I was at Jacob's. She'd kill me if she found out, but it wasn't like this was my first rodeo. I've done this multiple times before. I figured if I haven't gotten caught yet, I was playing my cards right. His mom was barely home but it wasn't like she cared anyway.

Jacob and I had just finished one of our little sessions. "There's nothing like you for breakfast." he panted. I smacked his chest. "Well I'm still hungry." I joked. He kissed my forehead. "Ah, you want some of this?" he grinned as he caressed my check.

"Actually eggs, bacon, and toast is something I want." He rolled his eyes at me and starting putting his sweats back on. "So you're gonna cook while I shower?" He laughed. "Fine, then we're going somewhere. My mom'll be home at about noon."
I nodded my head while gathering my things out of my bag to get ready for my shower. As he walked out the room, I walked into the bathroom.

It wasn't like I haven't met his mom before, it just puts everything into an awkward position. Jacob has asked me multiple times if I wanted to come to dinner or something but he understands the awkwardness of it all. She's a really sweet lady. She had so much heart and I'd hate to created a negative vibe between us. So I'd much rather just keep the distance.

After exiting the bathroom from showering, I got dressed and tied up my wet hair. I grabbed my phone from off the night stand and noticed that I had a text from Dominic, asking to go out.

I felt so bad for turning him down last weekend, but I didn't want to do Jacob dirty. Although we don't exactly date, talking to one of his close friends was a no no. I wouldn't want him doing that to me, so I wasn't going to do that to him.

Dom and I used to be really good friends and I wouldn't mind having that friendship again, but Jacob would flip. He did at the party and we barely even talked, so I can't imagine how'd he'd act if he found me actually hanging out with Dominic.

On top of that, why did he want to all of a sudden want to make things right between us? He's always being such a pain in the ass, so what changed his mind? I had a feeling Jacob said something, which I hope he didn't..

I walked down the hallway and peeped into the kitchen. It looked like Jacob was just finishing breakfast. "Took you long enough." he avowed. "I took thirty minutes tops. Pipe down." I laughed.

"So where is this place we're going later?" I asked, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. "You can't wait and find out later?" he replied smartly.
"I could..." he handed me a plate.

"You will." he kissed my check and walked past me into the living room. I followed, then watched him flip through the television channels. We pretty much ate in silence. Afterwards, Jay cleaned up the kitchen and went to his room for his shower and what not.

It was almost noon. I knew his mother was coming home pretty soon. Although it made me anxious to leave, I knew she'd be happy to see me, she always was..

I heard keys behind me, which startled me, but it was only Jacob.  "Are you ready to go?" he asked, throwing his signature shades on. I nodded.  After sliding my shoes on we went outside. Just before getting into his car, his mom pulled up.

"I'll be right back." he threw me the keys and started to walk. He, then, turned around and walked back to me. "You can come, if you want to." I followed behind. It would've been rude of me to not speak.

We approached her as she had gotten out of her car. He'd beat me to her, so when I met up with the two, it looked like they'd just finish hugging it out.
"Ah, well hello. Long time, no see." she chirped, giving me a hug. "I know, have you been Ms. Perez?" I asked as she let go.
"I'm doing sweetheart, but I'm going to let you two go on. Its always lovely seeing you." she patted my shoulder before walking her way to the door of her home. "Come on, let's go." Jacob grabbed my hand, guiding me to the car.