Bad Timing

Jacob Perez

I noticed Dominic talking to Zoey a few times. I wonder what that was all about. I mean it didn't bother me, she wasn't my girl but she should know not to mess around with any of my boys. That's kind of dirty don't you think?

I saw her walking to my car. I threw my shades on. I heard the door open, but I kept looking straight.
"Hey." She said while closing the door.

"You enjoy the party?" I asked sarcastically.
"Hm, it was decent." I nodded.
"Seemed to me, you were enjoying yourself... a little too much with a certain somebody."

She rolled her eyes. "You're really trippin' right now."

"Oh I'm trippin'? Imma just go talk to Avianna. It's not a big deal." I started the car.
I probably was taking it to far, but she didn't seem to understand what I was saying.

"You're being an asshole. I don't even want your little friend okay? He came on me so if you're gonna talk to anyone with your damn attitude, it should be him. Now unlock the door so I can get out." She pulled on the door handle a couple times.
I hit the unlock button. "I'll see you later." She got out without responding.

No, it wasn't in my intention to come off at her rudely but she has a smart mouth and she knows it. Then, when she's not saying anything, her face says it all. She knows how to get to me and that's just it.

I did plan to take her somewhere but that plan just cancelled out. I turned my car off and headed back into Dominic's house. I knew Zoey went back in. I was about to play with her feelings real quick.

About you by Trey Songz came on as soon as I walked through the door. I saw Zoey in my peripheral dancing with her friends. Dominic was on the other side of the room, which was good. I didn't want them two together.

A group of girls walked over to me. "Hey Jacob." They all said in sync. I laughed cause that was some type of cute.

I took my shades off and looked at the one who was directly in front of me.

"What's up ladies?"
They seemed to be all fan girling.

"You girls act like you've never spoken to a guy before." A voice in the distance said.
I looked up to see the one and only Naomi Charles walking up to me. She was one of the baddest girls at Glenn Wood high. Her parents co-owned some hotels put up state so they were far from broke. You'd think she would be one of those stuck up girls that thinks she's above everything but everyone knew she was easy.

"Out the way girls, let me handle this one." I'm pretty sure Naomi had some scare on the others cause they always did as she said.

I didn't see the hype at all

I didn't see the hype at all. I mean she was pretty and all, but she was so predictable. All she wanted was to get one in and it wasn't even that good to be honest. I messed with her back before Zoey just to see what everyone was talking about and didn't quite find it.

"Jake, baby I haven't heard from you in a while. Why is that so?" She said while putting my arm around her waist. I began to move my arm but I caught a certain someone staring. So I kept it there for the hell of it.

"I'm a busy person, you're a busy person..."
"I can always make time for you my love. You know that." I felt her hand slip up my shirt and I jumped a little. There hasn't been any female hands, besides Zoey's, on me in a while. I'd like to keep it that way.

"You miss my touch?" She chuckled.
I peeped Zoey and Avianna walking out. I could tell Zoey was agitated.
The fact that she knew I used to mess with her probably pissed her off even more.

"Yeah, no Naomi." I removed her hand and unwrapped my hand from around her waist. "You're no fun anymore." She rolled her eyes. I scooted my way out the little space she had between us and headed out. Usually I'd go dap Marcus and Dominic up but I wasn't thinking about them at the time and I had something I needed to squash with Dominic.

I texted Zoey to see where she was going. I got into my car and started it. I slid my shades on when my phone buzzed. Knowing it was Zoey, I opened it instantly.

From: Z.
Fuck off

I knew I pissed her off but she'll get over it.

To: Z.
I'll be over in 10. We can talk.

I plugged my phone up to the aux cord and put LA Confidential by Tory Lanez on repeat.

Zoey's message popped up on my screen and I didn't bother to open it. I knew she was bluffing. Once I got to her house, I circled around making sure her parents weren't home. Then I parked on the opposite side of her street like I always do.

I got out the car and walked across the street to her house. I knocked on the door. I waited a good 3 minutes before knocking again. She still didn't come to the door. As cliché as it was, I checked under the door mat. People normally keep spare keys under there. Unfortunately, it wasn't there.

I knocked on the door again. "Zoey just opened the door."
I jangled the door knob and to my surprise the door was already unlocked. I opened the door and walked in.

Zoey was sitting in the living room flipping through tv channels.
"You heard me at the door and didn't bother to tell me it was unlocked?" She acted as if she didn't hear me at all.

"We're playing the silent game now?"
"Jacob, what do you want?" She had an attitude on her.

"What are you so pressed for?" I sat down beside her. She inched away from me and I laughed.
"You can't be serious right now Zoey."

She got up and walked into the kitchen. Of course I followed her.
She pulled something out of the oven.

"Will you get out the kitchen?" She turned around and looked at me.
I began to walk out and I heard her gasp. I walked back in.

"You alright?" I walked close to her. She just kind of push me away.
"I'm fine Jacob. Just get out the kitchen." She turned the sink on.

"Stop being so damn stubborn and let me see." I walk over and grabbed her hand. She burned the side of her thumb. "Just run some cold water over it. I'll bandage it up." I went out the kitchen and into the bathroom to grab the little first aid kit from under the cabinet.

"Let me wrap you up" I said, walking towards her.
"No I'm fine. Can you leave?" She didn't even bother to look at me. "Seriously Z? You can't possibly be mad at me." she chuckled.

" Can't be? Jacob you know what you did. You're a low stooper. I don't even know why you came over here. Naomi its probably waiting for you anyways."
I rubbed my hand through my hair.

"You know damn well, I don't  mess with her anymore." I walked up to her and pulled her into a hug. She tugged away but I just held on tighter.
"Jacob get the fuck-" I kissed her in mid sentence.

That, she didn't pull away from.

After a hot minute I pulled away. "I'll leave, but I'll be back later. I'm sorry for the shit I said earlier about Avi. I was out of line. I'm sorry for that Naomi thing. I was just trying to piss you off. Nothing is going on with me and her I assure you, and I believe you when you say the same about Dominic." I kissed her forehead and left.

I didn't even give her time to respond. Knowing her, I already knew what was about to go down but I had to go handle something before we got into that.