Chapter 27 §Tick-tock a race against the clock

My leg was bouncing up and down. To say I was nervous about tonight was an understatement. Another ball flew through the air and came in contact with Stiles' head. I brought my hand up to my mouth, I glanced next to me seeing Mr. Stilinski's doing the same. I glanced at the clock, only a couple more minutes till first half is over. Only a couple more seconds till this lacrosse field will turn into a bloodbath.

I looked at Gerard, who is standing next to the bleachers wearing a smug look. I glanced over at Scott sitting on the bleachers. I have a plan he mouthed to me. I nodded looking back at the field. My eyes became wide. It's Isaac. I gave him a quick nod, happy that he decided to not run away with Erica and Boyd.

The referee blew the whistle, telling us the game continues. One by one, Isaac knocks people to the ground eliminating players. "Lahey! Ramirez! You're in," coach yelled.

Scott is trying to eliminate players so coach has to let him play. "Murphy. You're in. Lahey! Seriously, what the hell is your problem?"

It went on like that until Isaac went down and hard. I rushed over to him together with Scott and kneeled down beside him. "It's not broken. But I can't move it. I think Jackson nicked me 'cause I can feel it spreading."

"You want to play chess, Scott? Then you better be willing to sacrifice your own pawns." Gerard spoke to us from across the field. "Alicia, your brother cares for you, more than you think. If you don't want anyone to die tonight, let's say your boyfriend, I recommend you bring Derek to me."

My breath hitched in my throat. Jackson was standing directly behind Stiles who had no idea. My eyes flashed its golden color. "Don't let him get to you. That's all he wants," Scott said to me. I nodded standing back up as the EMT carries a paralyzed Isaac of the field.

"Hey, something's happening, isn't it? Something more than a lacrosse game?" Melissa said rushing over to me from her seat on the bleachers. I nodded glancing at Scott. Melissa followed my gaze before running over to her son. I walked over to Mr. Stilinski and Lydia and sat down. I swear to god. Lay one finger on Stiles and I'll make sure it's the last thing you do.

"Somethings wrong. Keep an eye on Stiles," Scott said to me. I slightly nodded, letting him know I heard him before he sprints of to god knows where.

The referee blew the whistle once again and the game continued, only 10 minutes left before half time. I watched Stiles carefully staring dumbfounded at the ball rolling towards his feet. He hesitantly picked it up before running and screaming towards the goal chased by the opposite team. "oh crap," Mr. Stilinski muttered. My eyes grew wider and wider, when Stiles suddenly just stopped.

"Stilinski!" Coach yelled.

I quickly stood up taking in a deep breath. "Shoot it Stiles. Shoot the ball!" I screamed as loud as I could.

He took a quick glance in my direction before shooting the ball. "YAY!" I screamed together with Mr. Stilinski my arms up in the air. I gave him a high five. I proudly nodded at Stiles who had a wide grin on his face. His first goal ever.

That one goal gave him a boost of confidence because a minute later he scored another one. Everyone erupted in cheers and started clapping, me included. I know I should pay more attention to the clock counting down and to Jackson. But I just can't help to be very proud of Stiles and that he finally got to show everyone that he can play lacrosse.

A third goal was made by Stiles the winning goal. I really want to cheer for him, but right now I can't. Time's up and nothing had happened. No deaths. I saw Scott running on the field and ran towards him. "Nothing had happened," I told him worried. I know Gerard doesn't make empty threats. Something will happen.