Chapter 9 § it's not Lydia, it can't be

Is it too late now to say sorry? 'Cause I'm missing more than just your body, oh.                                              Is it too late now to say sorry?

Without opening my eyes I grab my phone to put of my alarm. After about 2 minutes of trying I give up and throw It to a random direction which earned me a groan comming from the other side of the room. My eyes widened as I take in my surroundings. I notice that I'm lying in a bed that isn't mine and the walls are blue instead of my white ones with black spots on them caused by the fire. The sheets covering my body are grey and Star wars poster are hanging on the wall.

"Good morning to you too sunshine," I sit up on the bed ready to attack when I see who had spoken and that's when the memory of last night returned.

"hey guys. I have to go to the hospital to pick up my mom are you two okay?" Scott asked as we stand next to Stiles' jeep taking in what happened tonight.

Stiles nodded and looked at me with a worried expression. After Derek couldn't answered the question about trusting me I felt sick to my stomach. Normally I don't really care if someone doesn't like me or doesn't trust me but this is my brother. My brother who I thought was dead, who I found after 7 years and who I was so happy about to have back in my life. But he started rejecting me maybe because we haven't seen each other in 7 years, maybe that is the reason we're not as close as we used to be. And I understand that, I don't like it but I understand. What I don't understand is the fact that he doesn't trust me anymore. And that hits me like a bullet through my heart.

"hey, are you okay?," a voice interrupted my thoughts as I feel 2 warm, soft hands rubbing my arms, making me a little warmer. My clothes are soaked and my hair is sticking to my face making me shiver.

I look up at the person standing in front of me and shrug my shoulders. His beautiful brown eyes staring deeply into mine searching for an answer.

"I'm okay Stiles, I'm okay," I whisper. Well that was a lie. But what if I did tell him the truth? Maybe he would reject me too. Maybe he doesn't want me in his life anymore because I'm weak right now.

He frowns his eyebrows not believing the answer I gave him. "you know you can tell me right. I know that we only know each other for a few weeks now but I'm here for you okay?" he said as he brushes my hair out of my face. I give him a slight smile feeling a little bit better. Just a little bit.  

"Do you want to stay over at my house tonight. My dad's not home and I figured that maybe you don't want to sleep in the same house as Derek right now.." Stiles rambled as he scratches his neck unsure if it wasn't weird that he asked me to stay over at his place for the night.

"thank you," I whisper. "But shouldn't you go talk to Lydia?" I asked remembering my strawberry blonde friend who was crying in her car a few hours ago, before we got trapped in the pool.

"Why would I talk to Lydia?" he asked confused as why I would ask.

"Don't you have like a mayor crush on her? Allison told me about it." I said a little jealous. I know I don't have the right to be jealous but it just hurts me to know he already loves someone else.

He tilts my chin back up so I can look him in the eyes again "you need me right now okay. And I don't have a crush on Lydia anymore." My expression goes from hurt to surprised. He doesn't like Lydia anymore? but how? I mean, I don't blame him almost every guy in school is in love with her.

"I might have a crush now on someone else," he continued, smiling cupping my cheeks in his hands.

"on someone with gorgeous, big brown eyes, long brown, wavy hair and an amazing personality," my heart skipped a beat at those words. Maybe I do have a chance with this clumsy, pale, handsome human being