chapter 6 § we need that!

"Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?!" Derek yelled as I throw Isaac to the ground for like the millionth time. Boyd, who sits on the stairs in our home, chuckled as another bone of the young beta breaks. Derek had set up a training parkour so his new beta's would learn how to fight without being completely predictable like Derek mentioned. Isaac keeps doing the same thing over and over again. They have to jump over a few boxes a table and try to take me down. That last part is not going so well.

I heard loud breathing behind me and in just a split second Erica lays on the floor next Isaac. I have to say that that was a nice try if it wasn't for all the noise she made. "Derek you're betas suck you know that?" Derek looked at me with irritation written all over his face knowing that I was right. They will never be able to win a real fight. Oh who am I kidding,  they can't even win a fake fight.

I watched Erica get up in the left corner of my eye before she sprints in Derek's arms and starts kissing him full on the mouth. I placed my hand over my mouth to muffle my laughter, just like Boyd and Isaac. Derek got even more annoyed and throws her back on the ground. "That's the last time you do that."

"Why? Because I'm a beta?" she asked offended that Derek rejected her.

"No, because I have someone else in mind for you," I quirked an eyebrow at him. What is he talking about?

"Are we done? I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal," Isaac grunted in pain before I could ask who he was going to set Erica up with.

"Come here," Derek walked over to Isaac offering his hand which Isaac thankfully took. A loud cracking sound of bone breaking filled the room, Boyd and I both look away,  painful screams follow right after.

"A hundred and one. You think I'm teaching you how to fight? Huh? Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive!" we all cringed at the tone of my brothers voice before he lets Isaac go. I'm not scared of Derek or his tone but he is the alpha and as a part of his pack, being his betas, we react to that.

"If they wanted us dead why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?" Isaac asked with a pained expression, not understanding that the things we have to face are not easy to beat.

"I don't know. But they're planning something. And you, especially, know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. Until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know. As fast as I can teach you." That thing that killed Isaac's father. That thing Stiles and I witnessed killing the mechanic last night. It still gives me chills every time I think about its yellow eyes, razor sharp teeth and his reptile like skin. I haven't told Derek about that Stiles and I have seen it, I don't even know what to tell him.

I don't know if I can tell him.

*************************

"I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. Uh, I know, because I love you" I told Scott what Allison told me to tell him. After I finished my sentence Scott looks at me like a love drunk teenager and it freaks me out a little. I tap Stiles' leg so he would continue the message and hopefully gain Scott's attention so he wouldn't stare at me like the way he's doing now.

"I love you more than - oh, my God. I can't - You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate," I nodded in agreement. Allison and Scott can't speak to each other or even look at each other, not with Gerard in the school and all his security camera's. So that's what Stiles and I are for, the talking boomerang between the two of them. For the past 30 minutes we have been running between the two of them with messages mostly containing the words 'I love you'. Now that I think about it, it really doesn't make sense we are both running back and forth, Stiles can run from now on.

"Come on, you two are the only ones that we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?" Scott leaned forward, eyes wide and nervously fumbling with his hands. 

"Yes! Okay, message complete. Now, tell me about your boss?" last night when we were at the garage, Scott was visiting his boss Deaton, a veterinarian who is also a supernatural genius. Apparently Derek did hurt Scott at the ice rink, just like I thought. But he wasn't the only one at the clinic, so where Chris and Gerard asking about what creature killed a hunter.  And according to what Scott had told us, they're going to kill it no matter who the lizard is, not caring if it just a kid. Their code says to never hurt children, but when it comes to it they don't care. They've killed my younger cousins in the fire, and they weren't  supernatural.

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book" Scott said looking around if no one else is listening in on our conversation.

"He probably means a bestiary," I told them thinking about the book that has all the information about supernatural creatures written in it.

Scott raised his eyebrows "What?" he chuckled

"A bestiary" I told him again. He interrupted in laughter and with a questioning look I turn to Stiles who just shrugs not understand either why Scott think this is so funny.

"I think you mean bestiality," he said, a last chuckle escaping his lips.

"No Scott I mean a bestiary," I crossed my arms a little offended. "It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures" Scott glanced between the two of us "How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff."

"Okay, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine, and Alicia told me about that book so.. " I couldn't sleep last night, I just kept thinking about everything. The creature roaming around Beacon hills killing people, the Argents who killed mine, and about my mom. And that's when it hit me. She told me ones about this book, a very old book where supernatural creatures where described in, so hunters would know what they were dealing with and how to kill it. So I called Stiles to tell him that the Argents might have a book like that and that we needed it. After that we talked a little more about random things before we both fell asleep our phones still on.

"Okay. If we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing is –"

 " And who," Stiles finished Scott's sentence. We glanced  at each other knowing what to do next.

"We need that book!"

***********************

don't be a ghost and leave a comment and vote

xxxxx