Chapter 12 § gay club and Armani

"Derek wait!," I yelled after my brother who is running after Jackson –a.k.a the Kanima– who just jumped off the roof.

I want to run after them so I can help Derek and maybe restore our relationship, but I get pulled back by a firm hand on my upper arm. "Hey what are you doing?"

I turn around to see that Stiles grabbed my arm. "I need to help Derek. He can't do this alone."

"You won't. We're going after them. Together," Scott said turning his gaze away from Allison and a panicked, confused Lydia.

I sighed and nodded, knowing I can't do it alone either. I walked over to the brunette and the strawberry blonde. "Lydia, you ok?"

"Can one of you just tell me what is going on ?!," she asked still shaking. I can only imagine how she feels right now. Knowing everyone she thought she could trust lying to her, figuring out that her boyfriend is a killing machine AND that she has no idea what the secrets are her friends are holding from her.

Allison nods before telling Lydia they could talk in the car. And with that they walk away towards the brunettes car.

"We have to go now before anything happens to Derek or Jackson," I told Stiles and Scott before I got practically pushed in the backseat of stiles' jeep and drove off in the direction my brother and Jackson went.

"So what are we going to do when we find them?" Stiles asked looking at Scott and I before turning his gaze back on the road. The trees and houses flashing by pretty as we're driving above the speed limit.

"We're going to make sure Derek doesn't kill him and then we're going to help Jackson," Scott said raising his eyebrow thinking the plan was very obvious.

"Scott I understand you want to help and save Jackson, and don't get me wrong so do I. But if he hurts my brother, I'll kill him."

Scott sighed turning his body away from me. "No one gets hurt."

  Stiles suddenly slammed the breaks looking at the fence in front us  "What do we do now?"

We are in an abandoned, dark parking lot goosebumps appearing on my arm. This parking lot would be perfect for a murder to take place.

With a sigh I jumped out of the vehicle and climbed over the fence following Derek's scent. I run as fast as I possibly can hearing gun shots in the distance. When I arrive at the place where the gun shots are coming from I watch the Kanima throwing Chris Argent against the wall leaving him unconscious before it runs off.

I come to a stop when I see Derek is not here anymore. "He's not here," Scott said appearing behind me a little out of breath running after me.

I nod before I smell another scent. Scott seems to smell it too and we turn around to face Gerard Argent, who's staring at us. My heartbeat increases seeing the old man standing there. The man, whose daughter killed most of my family and is now here to finish his daughters mission. My eyes glow before I turn away from the old man and start running again to find the only member of my family I have left.

********************

"Holy crap!" I yelled turning around, claws extended,  when I felt a large hand grabbing my arm.

"Wha - sorry, I'm sorry." Stiles said taking his hand of my arm holding them in the air.

"Did you see where he went?" he asked with wide eyes staring at my claws.  

"I lost him." Scott sighed as he glance around the corner of the building.

When we started to follow Jackson, we came to the realization that when he is in his Kanima form, he doesn't have a scent which makes it almost impossible for us to find them. Scott had an idea where he was going and that's why we're here. Young adults are lining up to get inside a club. A gay club to be exact.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles asked bewildered turning his gaze back and forth between Scott and I.

I sigh "I don't think he has one." I don't know why he doesn't have a scent when Jackson is a Kanima. Maybe because lizards don't have a scent either? I don't know I didn't pay enough attention in biology.

Stiles nodded "All right, any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone." Scott said frustrated.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now," Stiles replied rolling his eyes.

I chuckle at his response but Scott doesn't seem to find the sarcastic reply of his best friend funny.

"What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense." I smile softly at him before I glance around the corner to see if anything has changed.

"Just help me find it," Scott said serious.

"Not "it." Jackson," I said turning back to the two boys.

"Yeah, I know. I - I know," Scott said in defeat. It's still unbelievable that the guy who is going to school with us during the day, is a homicidal lizard at night.

"All right, but does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?" Stiles asked glancing at Scott and I .

I shrug my shoulders "I don't know I was too busy comforting our distressed friend and worrying about my brother."

Scott nodded his head "I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway."

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?" Stiles asked making wild gestures with his hands.

He is right though. How did Jackson pass my brothers test? That's when I realize something. "Maybe it's like an either - or thing. I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? When's the kanima not the kanima?"

"When it's Jackson," they said in unison.

All of a sudden I feel Stiles grabbing my hand tightly. I turn around as he points at the roof. I frown and look up as well my breath caught in my throat. The Kanima is slipping through the window of the club going inside, ready to make more victims.

"Uh - dude. See that?" Stiles said still looking up and StILl holding my hand, not that I mind though.

"He's inside." Scott whispers now standing beside me.

"What's he gonna do in there? Clubbing? Partying before he'll kill?" I snorted at Stiles' remark.

My gaze turned back to the crowed waiting to get in my eyed widened. I know who he's after."

"What, how? How? Did you smell something?" Stiles asked glancing at me.

"Armani."

*********************************

please fan, vote, comment xxx