ch. 1

> Ari's POV <
I quietly opened the door to my boyfriend Zac's house.

I wanted to surprise him with an old picture I had of him and I when we were 8.

I then slowly closed the door, then tip-toed up the stairs to his room. I heard some quite questionable noises coming from inside; I opened the door and saw something I never thought nor wanted to see.

he was with my ex- best friend, Nikki.
they were in bed together, naked.

I dropped the framed picture out of my hand, causing it to crack, then ran downstairs and out of the house. As I ran home, I heard Zac yelling, "Ari! it's not what it looks like!" I continued to run until I reached my house, letting the tears flow down my cheeks.

I shook my head, not wanting to remember that time, although it was only a week ago. I really have to get things off my mind.

"Mom! I'm going to the mall!" I yell.

"Ok! Just don't come home too late!" she yells back.

I leave the house then walk towards the mall that was about 15 minutes away.

once I got there, I wandered around for a little bit. Everyone at the mall was in a little group of friends or was in a relationship, making me look like a loner.

but did I care? no.

a sign that read, "hats are now 45% off!" caught my eye. I immediately walked into the adidas store and went into the hat section. I specifically was trying to find a white cap, but there were none. I continued to look through the shelves. I was shuffling the hats around, until my hand touched someone else's.

I look to the right of me to see an extremely cute, light skinned, tall, hazel eyed boy with light brown hair and blonde tips at the top.

"Uh- I'm sorry." I said, removing my hand from the shelf, stuffing it into my back pocket.

"It's all good, ma." he said, "what were you looking for?"

"nothing much, just a white hat." I replied.

"ha, me too." he smiled at me, then reached for these gray, adidas caps. he took two from the shelf, handing one to me, "twin with me."

I placed the given hat on my head, as he put his on, too.

we looked at ourselves in the mirror.

"so do you like it?" he asked, refraining me from staring at his gorgeously structured face.

"yeah I do."

"cool." he said, grabbing it softly off my head.

assuming that he was putting them back, I continued to look at the hats. I saw a few black SnapBacks that were pretty nice.

"look at those-" I said, turning around.

he was no longer there.

and the gray caps weren't on the shelf, where they were supposed to be.

I stood on my tip-toes to search past the clothing racks and people that filled the store.

and there I spotted him. at the cash register. paying for two hats.

I jogged my way up to him, then approached him, "why'd you buy two?" I asked. the cashier was putting them into a small bag.

"Um, one of them is for you." He replied, scratching the back of his head.

"Aw thanks, but you didn't have to." I blushed.

"I know ma, I wanted to."

the cashier handed him the bag. he reached for it, then handed me one of the hats. I put it in my small backpack, then walked out of the store with him.

"how can I repay you?" I asked.

"you don't- actually, repay me with your number." he said, handing me his phone.

I took it, put in my number, then continue to walk with him around the mall.

"so what school do you go to?" I asked

"I actually just moved to this part of New York. I'm enrolled in a school called West Beacon High or somethin like that." he said, confused.

oh my god.

"I go to that school!" I said, smiling, "I'll help to show you around."

"ay that's cool, thanks ma." he said, then winked at me.

"my names not ma it's Ariana. but Ari for short." I said, crossing my arms.

"oh my bad. I'm Kevin. you can call me Kev if you want. that's what my friends call me."

"ok, well I better get going. see you tomorrow." I waved.

"aight, see ya." Kevin said.

I walked out of the mall, then back to my house.

I walked into my house, then up to my bedroom. I removed the small backpack from my shoulder, then took out the hat that Kevin bought me. I placed it on my dresser, then looked at the time.

7:45 PM

I took a warm shower, then got into my pajamas.

as I laid on my bed, I couldn't stop thinking about Kevin. he was so cute.

tomorrow's gonna be interesting.