Flashback: Good Black Man

Kenya POV-

There was a knock on my dorm room door. My roommate went out with her friends and I was up studying for a history exam I had tomorrow.

I got up to get it. When I saw who was on the other side, I tried to close it and lock it, but he caught it.

"Get away from my door."

"No. Not until I apologize." He handed me a bouquet of artificial flowers it looked like he got at the dollar store.

I looked at them dingy ass flowers, then him.

"You are pathetic." I tried to close the door.

"Can you at least ask me why I got artificial flowers first?"

"I don't care. Move." I looked at him like move away from my door.

"It's cause they don't die. You spend all this money on real roses only for them to die a week later. I wanted to get you something that wouldn't die. On top of that I'm broke after you took my 200."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't want your flowers. I want you to move."

"Can you just hear me out?"

"No. Move."

Girls started peeking their heads out being nosey. He turned around to look. I quickly closed the door and locked it.

"Call me." I whispered to the door.

"What?" He said on the other side.

"Get away from my door and Call me." I said where he could hear.

I was not about to have these chicks have even an inkling of a thought, that I was sleeping with him. I didn't even want people to know I knew him. Being associated with him was not a good thing.

About five minutes later my phone rang. I take it he went down to his car.

"What do you want?" I put him on speaker.

"I wanted to apologize for my teammates behavior earlier towards your friend. When y'all left out, I spoke to him, but I should've done it sooner with y'all in the room. That wasn't cool."

"Okay you said it. I have to study." I got on my bed and reopened my book.

"I'm not done"

"What?" I said irritated.

There was an awkward silence.

"Hello." I said.

"Please be my tutor. I need you. To pass. I never understood math so clearly than how you broke it down. And I tried some of the homework problems you gave me, and things seem to click for me."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Yeah Odell. Now I have to go." I hung up.

I put my face in my hands.

There was a knock on my door.

"Uhh... Can I study. Damn." I opened the door to damn near the whole floor outside my door.

They came in my room.

"Bitch you dating Odell?" One of the girls said, chomping on some flaming hots.

"Why you keeping this a secret Kenya?" Another girl said sitting on my roommate's bed.

"Is he really good in bed, like we think?" Another girl said sitting at my chair on desk.

"You think he can get us free tickets to the game?" Another said sitting on the floor.