Flashback: Tutoring Session

This is a flashback chapter. I know some people don't like reading italics, I don't either. So I wrote it regular just letting you know upfront so you won't be confused.

Kenya POV-

"I can eat about ten more of these these wings

"I can eat about ten more of these these wings. I think Imma get me an order to take back to the dorm." My friend Brandon said as we finished up our meal at Hooters.

"Brandon you had 15 already?" I laughed, eating my fries.

"I'm a growing man, I need my meats and vegetables. Excuse me." He tried to get the waiters attention.

"Yes, how can I help you?"

"Umm, can I get an order of ten wings to go?"

"Sure." The waitress wrote it down. "And you ma'am?"

"I'm done. Can I just have my check? I have to go." I said looking at my watch at the time.

"So it'll be separate?" She asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Okay I'll be right back." She smiled and left.

"Why you so in a hurry?" Brandon said, chewing on a piece of chicken.

"I got to tutor somebody today."

"In what?"

"Math." I sighed. "Some football dude was failing. Our professor wasn't just going to give him a grade, he had to earn it. And the the coach asked who was her best student. She said me. And he physically waited for me outside to give me this whole spill about tutoring this dude? Like what? This nigga ain't no king? He gave me this sob story about how he's a great kid, and how he just needed help, and football was his everything. And--"

"Wait who is the dude?" He wiped his mouth.

"I don't know. Otis something." I rolled my eyes and blew it off.

Brandon gasp. "Bitch don't act like you don't know his name."

"I don't and don't care."

"You're tutoring Odell Beckham Jr?"

"please don't be a groupie like everybody else on this campus. He's a nobody. The only reason I'm doing it is because the coach said I can earn money through the tutoring center."