Guess Who

Kenya POV-

I sat in my car contemplating whether I should call Brandon to ask his advice. But I realized I was always calling him. Not that it's a bad thing but some things I just needed to grow the hell up and do myself. Telling O I was going to England was one.

I was going. He couldn't change my mind. No one would. My mind was set and whatever reaction he gave, I would just have to accept it and move on.

I couldn't let this opportunity fall by the wayside. He would have to understand that.

And if he felt I was being selfish oh well. I would never ask O to give up football for me. I knew it meant too much to him and I shouldn't have to sacrifice my dream either. He knows what this means to me.

I got out my car and walked upstairs to my apartment. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

I sat down my bag and washed my hands. I put O's food I had picked up on the way home on a plate. I got Chinese.

Then went in the room to him. He was in the room laying down, watching tv.

"Here's your dinner baby." I sat the food down for a second on the desk, then went over to him to help him scoot up on the bed. It was hard for him to move up and down, without being in pain. And we didn't like him taking all those pain pills. So if he could bare it, he did. He only took them when absolutely necessary. I propped his pillow up against his back and he sat back.

I brought him his food. I changed out of my clothes. I noticed he was picking over the food. Not really eating.

"Eat O. What's wrong?" I asked him changing.

"You know not one teammate has called me. Seen me. Or sent me a card. Not even Juice. Funny how people don't know you when you lose value to them." He finally ate something.

I finally saw what was playing on tv and it was ESPN. They just announced Heisman nominees and Juice was one.

"You don't need them baby. And you don't need a Heisman to validate your playing. Plenty great players have went on to the NFL and never won one." I changed the channel.

"I don't need a Heisman but I deserve one. For how hard I worked all year, but one injury I'm dispensable to everybody. My team. My supposed Bestfriend who shouted me out on tv, but hasn't even called, text, nothing. And you should see the shit people are saying about me on the Internet. Look at this."

"No O eat." I told him.

"No look." He handed me his phone.

I sighed and took it. Under the video of the replay of him getting injured these were some of the comments:

Yup they are all real comments. 😔

 😔