Like Everybody Else

Kenya POV-

"Baby I really am sorry." I laid with my head on O's pillow and kissed his cheek. "You're my world. You know that."

He ignored me scrolling through his phone.

"O." I sat my head up on my hand to look at him.

He still ignored me.

"O we don't fight. Disagree sometimes but we don't fight. I don't want to start now." I waited for a response.

He put in his headphones, Kevin Gates - Really, Really blasted through. He closed his eyes and tuned me out.

I looked at him a minute to see if he would open them. He didn't.

I took out one of his headphones.

"Odell I am genuinely sorry. Nobody in this world means more to me than you."

He took his headphone back and put it back in.

I sighed.

"Odell."

I waited for a response.

I took it out again.

"Tell me how you feel baby, but don't ignore me. That's hurting me more than you yelling at me."

He took his headphone from me and put it back in his ear.

I took it back out.

He sighed, getting frustrated. But I didn't care, I just wanted him to talk to me. 😔

He cut the music off. "You wanna know how I feel?" He asked me angry, but not raising his voice.

"Yes."

"Aight. You turning out to be like everybody else. That's how I feel. Now stop asking me." He put his headphones in and turned the music back one.

I took one out. "Don't compare me to Jarvis and them. I would never abandon you. I brought you here because I wanted you by my side."

"And as soon as we touched down and you got in front of some white nigga, you forgot I even existed. You know what..." He sat up. "I'm not staying out here to be disrespected. I'm calling my mama and Imma just book a flight to go home." He stood up and went to his luggage.

"Odell." I got up to and went after him.

"Odell I am sorry baby. I really am. Please don't go." I held his arms and felt my eyes water. " I want you here, I really do. And I won't do it again. Please stay." I kissed his lips, hopefully to calm him.

There was a knock at the bedroom door.

"Ms. Morris." I heard Frank the butler on the other side.

"Yes. One minute." I went to the door and opened it.

"Dr. Thompson is here and she wants you and your friends to meet her downstairs for dinner."

"Okay we'll be right there."

"The dining room is down the stairs and on the left." He told us and then left.

" I love you baby." I kissed O's lips and intertwined my small hands with his big ones. He was resistant at first, but he followed me.