Chapter 20 - American Influence

Start from the beginning

...

The bus, hired by Shirogane, made a stop outside a tall, western-styled building. 

Akashi and several of the Rakuzan players remained still and unsurprised at the mansion, but a few like Chiharu, excitedly shot up from their seats to get a better view of the place that they would staying at.

They filed out of the coach, each player having a feel for the natural air around them.

"This is a good place," commented Akashi. 

Chiharu's eyes sparkled. It was the first time she had been on an overnight excursion, she couldn't wait to explore the place.

As the team walked around the vicinity and Shirogane made his way to greet the landowners, another bright purple and white coach pulled up outside the building.

Akashi was sitting on the porch reading a book when Chiharu, who was right beside him, perked up and ran off and towards the Yosen coach in excitement. He smiled, put down the book and walked after Chiharu. 

As the captain of the Rakuzan High basketball club and Chiharu as the assistant coach, their responsibility was to greet the opposing team, especially since Shirogane was not around at the moment.

As the Yosen players filed out of the bus, Chiharu stopped and tensed. 

Akashi had caught up to her by normal walking pace and had realised something was wrong. He looked out to the coach where he realised Chiharu's line of sight was directed at a boy with grey-black hair, half of which covered his left eye. It seemed that he didn't notice them yet and was currently munching on some snacks that he also shared with a tall purple-haired figure, Murasakibara.

A long, black-haired woman walked up to them holding a fencing stick. 

"Araki Masako, coach of the Yosen High Basketball team," she introduced. "I assume you are the assistant coach Momoi Chiharu." 

Chiharu momentarily averted her gaze away from the grey-black haired boy and towards the taller female, nodding her head and greeting the Yosen Coach. However as soon as she spoke her greetings the Yosen boy perked his ears, eyes darting towards Chiharu.

"Chiharu!"the boy yelled. 

Akashi twitched, his lips turning into a wary frown. 

He didn't like how he didn't know this boy and yet the boy called to Chiharu so familiarly.

Chiharu's reply tainted his red eyes, golden. 

"Tatsuya," she called back slowly and excitedly.

No formalities. 

Nothing.

Akashi's brows creased in fury. Chiharu had only called him Seijuro once and every other time she had called him Akashi-kun.

The Yosen boy ran up to Chiharu, embracing her heartily, in which she responded with a bright smile. He was totally oblivious to spurring the redhead's wrath.

"Chiharu," Akashi voiced menacingly, interrupting the reunion. 

Chiharu jolted back in shock, feeling Akashi's anger.

"Akashi-kun," she began, aggravating the veins on Akashi's face. 

Akashi immediately pulled Chiharu to his side and off the grasp of the Yosen boy.

Himuro attempted to pull back Chiharu before Murasakibara came up to his side.

"Muro-chin, you shouldn't make Aka-chin angry," he drawled.